Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The best laid plans [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

164 Posts
3 Threads

Height: 5'11"
Alias: Sam, Sammy

Over the last week things had been going well. they had gotten a bit more furniture for their home so it didn't feel as empty, and Sam had given Cerise a bit of extra cash to get some decorative touches if she wanted them. lockbox for his guns had come, and right now It was under their bed, housing his rifle and two boxes of ammo. Their kitchen was stocked, they had a healthy supply of fuel for both the kitchen and their heating needs. Sam couldn't think of much more they needed. He had gone out again early that morning to set up a few things, and now with everything in place there wasn't much left to do but wait.

Even over the past week He had noticed little changes in Cerise. She may not think she's pregnant but Sam is 100% sure of it. He was also 100% sure that she needed to see a doctor, and was again 100% sure that she was going to be extremely pissed off to do so, especially since he was likely going to have to use some rather underhanded tactics to make that happen. Still, it needed to be done. But He had already started teaching Cerise to read, and she wasn't kidding about learning quickly, it had made him a bit paranoid that if he didn't hurry she might just learn fast enough to ruin his plans. So everything was in motion already, and Sam stood in the kitchen, wondering if he should get one of those old suits of armor to help him survive, thought visibly he was just making some coffee.

146 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 4'11

She had no clue what he was planning, only that she was happy just to make the house nicer. She was asleep on the settee by the time he got home, her shoes and stockings nowhere in sight as she seemed to prefer walking around with bare feet at the moment since her feet were swollen a lot as of late. The house smelled good, the scent of bread baking could be smelled so she must have just fallen asleep. She was dressed in one of the more practical dresses, or rather, the one she tended to wear to work the most. She had been given the day off because she had fallen ill while cooking some stew, thankfully the others were there to pick up her slack.

She was tired it seemed.

In fact, he might notice there was a basket sitting on the kitchen table, there seemed to be a note tucked away and still sealed with his name on it in masculine handwriting. She had not opened it.

Quote:Marry the girl or get shot, sir. You and I both know she is increasing. And if you didn't know, you know now. She's not having an easy one either.

-John, the closest thing to a father she has.

164 Posts
3 Threads

Sam finished the coffee and poured himself a cup, reading over the letter he smiled and mumbled to himself. "gettin there." it was true. Sam didn't go out on his own some mornings because he wanted to get away from her, he had orders to place. one of which had been to a local jeweler last week on the same day he ordered the lock box for his rifle. In fact there was currently a bulge in his coat pocket, but that could be brought up later. Sam moved quietly into the living room to look in on Cerise. He felt bad he couldn't really do much for how she was feeling. All he could really do was try to support her. He had smelled the bread when he came in, and would make sure to keep an eye on it in case she didn't wake. Sam placed his coffee on a small table, then retrieved a blanket for her. This he placed gently over her and risked a quick, very soft kiss on the cheek.

146 Posts
4 Threads

Luckily, she slept, only sighing as he had made her more comfortable. Her arm flopped off the settee and she hummed sleepily before her breathing went back to the deep and even breathing of the sleep. There was a knock on the door. It was one of the other girls from the tavern come to check on her. This woman was a bit plainer than Cerise, but she sure did have a large bust that took up most of her upper body mass. Assuming he came to the door, she would offer a crock of stew that had been made by Cerise and John. It was chicken stew. He would know her by now, of course, her name being Susan. Sue offered him the crock whenever he opened the door.

"Here," she said, "John asked me to bring this with me. I came by to check to make sure if she is alright. The poor lamb came to work and just had a miserable time of it, so John and I figured you'd have your hands full taking care of the poor lass. She has to know by now that she is carrying a child, right?" Cerise had never really confided in her much, but she still cared about her and wanted to coddle the poor dear, who was at least fifteen years her junior so she seemed to be motherly toward the girl.

164 Posts
3 Threads

Sam was seated in a chair across the room when the knock came. he got up and moved damn near silently across the house, almost like a ghost passing by. When he opened the door he held up a finger to sue, "Hey, she's sleeping right now." he took the pot with a thank you, setting it to the side for now. he sighed when he heard her question, "I've told her, but she don't believe me. I need to get her to the doctor too, got a plan for that. though i admit she is gonna be mad as all hell at me for it." he looked back toward Cerise and couldn't help a smile, "I love the girl but damn she gives me a run for it in bein stubborn." he would step aside and offer for sue to come in, he didn't know if she still would of not with cerise asleep but he wasn't gonna be rude to the woman, especially after she came all this way with food and to check on cerise.

Sam remembered and reached into his coat pocket. "Oh, tell the old man i'm fixin to." he looked to make sure she was still sleeping, then pulled a small box from his pocket. pulling the lid off inside was a gold ring with a single descent sized sapphire sitting as its center piece. He then quickly put it away just in case Cerise woke while they were speaking.

146 Posts
4 Threads

"Have you had the necessary talk with her on how babies work?" she asked with a soft tisk, glancing over to the girl who had won all the hearts of those who worked that tavern. "Seems like a thing you and she should have talked about as soon as you bedded her." She asked this after she was in the house, of course, and Cerise started to softly snore, which let them both know that she was pretty well deep in her sleep.

"Poor thing. John says she told him some about her life when she first came around. I couldn't imagine living in an orphanage since I could remember, not knowing who she is or how she came to be about. She is a lovely girl."

And then he pulled out the ring and she smiled with approval, "When are you going to ask her?"

164 Posts
3 Threads

Sam scratched the back of his head, a guilty look on his face, "fraid i gotta take full blame on that one. I just figured she knew. didn't know different til i tried to talk to her about bein with child." He folded his arms over his chest, glancing back in the room at cerise now and then, "so thats completely my fault. Had i known...well, its no matter. whats done is done and i planned on staying child or no. I just hope she's ok"

Sam nodded "she still ain't told me much more about it, and i ain't tried to pry. I may not know where she came from, but i'm damn sure glad she's here. Lovely ain't strong enough."

He looked back to sue now with an excited smile, "I was gonna wait til after the doctor, but i think instead i'll make it after supper tonight."

146 Posts
4 Threads

Cerise continued to snooze away, and Sue kinda peeked over toward her. The way she seemed kind of enjoying the peaceful scene the younger woman made, she reached out to touch the young man's arm. "Do right by her... From what John says, she's been through more than her fair share." She patted the arm and then took herself back to work.

The bread was done just about that time anyway, and Cerise would have burnt it had it not been for him coming home. She was asleep for a bit longer than she meant to.

164 Posts
3 Threads

Sam nodded at sue with a smile, "I'll do my best ma'am." He saw her out and shut the door behind her, being sure to lock it. After that he took the stew into the kitchen, and made sure the bread came out of the oven on time, setting it aside to cool. Sue had great timing, that brad would go great with the stew, and hopefully it would be easy on Cerise's stomach. with that out of the way Sam returned to the living room and took his seat, taking this time to whittle at a small piece of wood.

146 Posts
4 Threads

She woke up with a stretch, lay there for a moment in that sleepy stupor that people sometimes have after napping, then she remembered her bread and gasped, sitting up abruptly. She didn't smell char... Well, thank goodness for that, she thought before she noticed she wasn't alone. Ahh, he was home! He must have gotten to the bread before she woke, she thought. She moved to stretch, the blanket falling off of her as she yawned.