Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[CW] And Not to Heed the Wounds

164 Posts
3 Threads

Height: 5'11"
Alias: Sam, Sammy

He was starting to wonder if the priest had fallen asleep over there when heard the question. Well now, that was a question Sam had not thought to ask himself. He leaned back in the confessional, staring off into space for a few moments before he spoke, "Huh...thats a very good question. Why DO i feel bad now...?" He thought for a bit longer but he couldn't seem to come up with any kind of solid answer for that one.

"I remember the last deputy i killed. Shot him in front of his own daughter. didn't know that til she started yellin for her daddy." Sams voice was starting to shift a little, that cold edge was fading slowly into just a low somber voice, "at the time it meant little, or i thought it did anyhow. Just a rain drop in the flood you know?" Sam folded his arms across his chest, letting go of the handle on his pistol. "I...I can't take it back..."

Sam thought for a moment more, "Why do i feel bad...I guess i never had anyone look at me the way she does. we ain't been together long but damned if that look don't twist me up inside." he was still talking as if she was the only reason he was feeling bad, and in a way that was true, he had never really considered anyone but himself before. there was a small kernel there though. Guilt because now that he was starting to understand what it was like to have someone look at you not only as a person, but with genuine care instead of as a work horse he was starting to see what he had been taking from people. Sam just didn't know how to put that to words himself. "Makes me wonder how much of that i took from others..." His common defense mechanism kicked in at the end, it was still hard for him to have just a true show of feeling after all, "except for Jack, that guy had it comin."

Messages In This Thread
And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Gabriel Richards - 07-30-2023, 12:34 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-30-2023, 01:33 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-30-2023, 03:13 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-30-2023, 03:56 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-30-2023, 05:42 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-31-2023, 06:14 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 07-31-2023, 08:27 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 08-02-2023, 02:47 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 08-05-2023, 04:29 PM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 08-06-2023, 08:21 AM
RE: And Not to Heed the Wounds - by Samuel Carson - 08-06-2023, 06:46 PM