Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] The World is a Vampire [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Darius sighed and drooped a bit. He just looked Olathe the dark curtains and then down at his fingertips. "It just sounds like someone describing the difference between dust and dirt to me. Basically the same thing and I still have no understanding of either. " He was quiet. "But yes.. I want to be able to travel with someone and not be obviously very rich."

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

Tristan's face twitched. It was ridiculous, not offensive, he tried to remind himself. Just ridiculous.

"I didn't mean that you should actively deceive people. That's no way to make friends. Just that it might be a good idea not to flaunt your wealth, so you won't attract people who want to be friends for your money. Traveling with only a manservant might be inconspicuous enough. Look..." he added on impulse. "When you take your walk on Sunday, drop by my home at __ Flowergate for dinner, if you don't deem it to far below you. I'll show you how the ordinary man lives."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

Darius was relaxing a bit until he invited him for dinner. He turned to look around the chair and stared hard at the doctor. Was he hitting on him? Darius was devilishly handsome and rich. He turned back, "Fine.. since it'll be a learning experience."

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

Was Tristan eager to show his home and life to a man who added an insult to every two sentences? Not particularly. But being brought out of his sheltered environment might help the patient. And some of Mr. Carrington's habitual obnoxiousness seemed to result from ignorance rather than cruelty. If the man was to make new friends, that should be addressed. And anyway, the fact that Mr. Carrington already viewed him a poor meant that Tristan was actually less embarrassed to host him than he would be to host his own brother. He was entirely unaware of how the invitation came across to his patient... So what could go wrong?

"Excellent. I will prepare you something. You can have a servant pick it up at 5, along with the bill and instructions. I'll prepare you enough for a week. I suggest we evaluate its effects and the changes you've made a week from today and we'll move forward from there."
Artistic Aristocrat

590 Posts
8 Threads

"Fantastic. I will make sure it is done. And I will see you on Sunday." He hmed to himself, wondering what this doctor was thinking. He wanted to see what sort of 'dinner' the doctor could provide since he thought he could get Darius wrapped around his finger, perhaps more money outside of the appointment. It was laughable to think he could be impressed, and worse after the admittedly slightly humiliating but mostly sincere conversation. "I hope it works. I will work on finding someone to travel with me and prepare for a small trip somewhere relaxing with perhaps a nice art scene." He had some ideas. "But I'll make sure your medication works well before traveling so far from home." It was maybe the smartest thing he'd ever done.