Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

Box #23
Administrator

768 Posts
58 Threads

One of the letters in box #23 is written on good quality, perfumed paper in a matching envelope. The gold-coloured wax seal bears a stamp with the symbol of a rose, no letters. The writing is very neat and easily readable but impersonal, with the size and curls all exactly the way you’d see them in a board school exercise book.

Quote:Dear Miss Wells,

If it would be at all convenient to you, would you mind meeting me at Mrs. Howard’s tearoom on Baxtergate this Saturday afternoon at 2.30 to discuss a possible position? I have two young children in need of care and education. I would like them to have the best upbringing from the start and your qualifications are what I am looking for. Please RSVP to box #69.  

Yours sincerely,
Mrs. Cecilia Walker

21 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'6"

Penny, tickled pink to have received a letter not long after she'd submitted her ad for employment. She informed Tristan of her letter and let him know where she would be on the date in question. She would take Pippa along if she needed to, the poor thing looked as if she could use the fresh air in any case and would make for an appropriate companion, she thought, not knowing the whole story as to what was happening with the girl. That was another story for another time.

She was giddy as she penned her reply immediately and addressed it to box #69

Quote:Dear Mrs. Walker,

I shall be delighted to meet you and discuss a possible future in your household. I have taken the liberty of gaining letters of recommendation from the school I attended and I am sure you will find those satisfactory as to my character. I love to teach children and I am positive that the minds of your own shall be shaped and influenced so they are knowledgeable and they become successful adults both in manners and possible matches or career paths. I will help your children to reach their potential if you let me. I feel very passionate about this matter, and I look forward to our meeting and hopefully, a future in your household.

Sincerely,
Miss Penelope Wells