Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Open] [CW] Penance
Victim

57 Posts
2 Threads

Height: 5'4''

The offer angered her. As if the money she had already received was not an insult enough. That was only redeemed by the fact that it had been Magnus' money. "I told you, it's not about money," she snapped a little harsher than she wanted. She took a deep shaky breath to show that this was all part of the nervous state she was in remembering Magnus' cruelty. In reality, she needed a moment to regain control over herself and think.

She wouldn't tell Mary she had a lawyer. She was well aware of the fact that Mary had no reason to care about her beyond wanting to punish Magnus. If word got back to Magnus that she had seen a lawyer, that could get nasty very soon.

She took another breath and wiped her eyes. "He was awful when you knew him. You can attest to that. But he got worse after that. He's threatened with violence so often. How do you think he got me to raise a child that's a constant reminder to my humiliation and play happy? I've been living in fear for so long. He gets drunk and mad enough to kill me... One night a few weeks ago, he sent for me, like he does... like I'm his servant." Her wet face showed disgust. "He was absolutely unhinged. I thought that would be the night. Started shouting and insulting me as soon as I walked through the door. He had found out your girl Pearl had run off with a working man, as you have no doubt read in the newspaper. He took his anger out on me, getting up in my face, shouting and calling me names, throwing his glass at me. I tried to get away but he wouldn't let me leave. He told me he had cut all of us out of his will and would leave us penniless. I called him a beast and that really set him off. He grabbed and pulled my arm so fiercely..." She caught her breath and put her handkerchief against her mouth again. "... I was in such pain... When he let go, I couldn't move my arm properly. I finally managed to run, and went straight to the police, as I was afraid he would kill me. They sent for a doctor to examine and treat me. My wrist was practically blue and the bastard had dislocated my shoulder. The doctor told them as much... and all they did was send someone over the next day to tell him to behave..." She wiped another tear. "So what good is the law to me?"

Messages In This Thread
Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 06-17-2023, 03:02 PM
RE: Penance - by Jack - 06-18-2023, 06:10 PM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 06-19-2023, 12:44 PM
RE: Penance - by Anne Carrington - 07-22-2023, 11:04 AM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 07-22-2023, 04:47 PM
RE: Penance - by Anne Carrington - 07-24-2023, 01:07 PM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 07-24-2023, 07:10 PM
RE: Penance - by Anne Carrington - 07-26-2023, 04:27 PM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 07-27-2023, 06:39 PM
RE: Penance - by Anne Carrington - 07-29-2023, 07:54 AM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 07-30-2023, 05:26 PM