Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Open] [CW] Penance

28 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'7"

"Indeed, you're here. Unexpected yet not. You never were one for skulking. I did so admire you for that when I was... what I ought not to have been." She sighed and slowly stood, her form shaky with the effort it took to move. Hortencia, or Merrin, as the Carrington matriarch knew her, watched with calm eyes as the woman made her normal show. "Did you retrieve the jewelry your husband thought to give me? I never wore it and should never have held onto it for so long, but I wasn't sure how to... approach you, given the delicate nature of the situation." There was only honesty in her voice, which was soft and weak sounding. Anne would have no hard time discerning for herself that Merrin was a dying woman.

"I know you've gotten the hush money back. You might wish to hide it before Magnus drinks it away." She rolled her eyes upward, clearly loathing the man who had given her a precious child only to take her away. The anger of it started to show in her eyes but she, ever dignified even now in her older age.

Merrin was still beautiful, her beauty seemed timeless and she had not one wrinkle, nor gray hair in her own dark locks. She did look more mature from the mere slip of a woman she had been.

Then she moved to approach, her breaths starting to sound labored. She stopped, perhaps, halfway between Anne and the back of the church where she had been sitting. "I know I've done you a disservice, but you have to know that I was only one in a long string of women... Maids... Abigails.... whores... I saw the high turnover of the staff in the house and no doubt it was from him sticking his prig wherever he damn well pleased. Even now..." she trailed off... "It was said by the cook... Mary James... The woman you hand picked and has never made you displeased... that he entertained a whore just a few nights prior. I'd say I am surprised but why? He's not been faithful and he's probably got bastards scattered through the countryside." She snorted. She was exactly where Pearl got her talkative streak from. Especially when passionate.

She did square her shoulders, "I only want to right some wrongs before I find my last sleep. You did not deserve him, you deserved a man who could handle you being the lady that you are. Magnus is no gentleman."

Messages In This Thread
Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 06-17-2023, 03:02 PM
RE: Penance - by Jack - 06-18-2023, 06:10 PM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 06-19-2023, 12:44 PM
RE: Penance - by Anne Carrington - 07-22-2023, 11:04 AM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 07-22-2023, 04:47 PM
RE: Penance - by Anne Carrington - 07-24-2023, 01:07 PM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 07-24-2023, 07:10 PM
RE: Penance - by Anne Carrington - 07-26-2023, 04:27 PM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 07-27-2023, 06:39 PM
RE: Penance - by Anne Carrington - 07-29-2023, 07:54 AM
RE: Penance - by Hortencia Coggins - 07-30-2023, 05:26 PM