Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

Attn. Sergeant Alisdair MacLellan

17 Posts
3 Threads

Height: 6'1''

A letter arrives at the Whitby Constabulary, to the attention of Sergeant Alisdair Maclellan

Quote:Dear sir,

In response to your ad in the Whitby Gazette of __ September, I write to you to tell you how eager I am to serve Whitby as a police constable.

Although I have no former policing experience, I am a fast learner, and I believe I shall learn the job quickly. My education includes 8 years at __ college in Canterbury and two years at the University of Oxford. My university education was sadly cut short by a change of circumstances and I have since worked a wide range of short-term jobs. In view of this application, however, I deem my unfinished education a blessing. My education so far is more than sufficient for any clerical duties, but on top of that, my struggles since have brought me in contact with all classes of people. I believe this broad school of life has prepared me to navigate the social aspect of the job effectively. Additionally, I have plenty of equestrian experience, as horse riding was one of my favourite pastimes as a boy.

I have been in Whitby for several months now, and have come to love the town so much, I have decided to settle here. However, I have also seen how the honest people and their businesses suffer under the high crime rates. When I heard that the police force is to be reformed under a new sergeant, I immediately felt inspired to contribute, and I was happy to find that there are vacancies. I hope that you will consider my application and allow me to do my bit in giving Whitby the police force it deserves.

Yours sincerely,
Angus McLeod
Constabulary Sergeant

73 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: he/him
Plotter: The Hutchie Gazette
Height: 6ft
Alias: Hutchie

The second post of the day returned a reply

Quote:Dear Angus Mcleod

Thank you for your correspondence regarding the positions & glad to hear that it has inspired you to apply.

No experience is necessary as all constables are required to complete a probationary period under an experienced constable. Which in our case is two years.

As you can understand alot is changing within the force and this won't happen quickly. Slots will be opening up over time and new beats starting. If possible please sent references and we can consider your application further

Regards
Sargeant Alasdair Maclellan