Height: 5'7"
Alias: Kimmie

Quote:<CW> Antisemitism 

Think and Thank
Cooper
Chapter I
A Brother in Need

"Give it to the Jew!"
A fair haired lad stood confronted by a score or more of excited boys, who jeered and tormented him with that persistent brutality which comes of persecution. He was not "one of them," else surely he would have found some defender against their unfair attacks.
His only advantage lay in the fact that his back was to the wall; but with so many enemies, this proved only a small protection.

Tobi sat curled up as best as the set would allow her considering they had boarded the train not fifteen minutes prior and they had yet to start moving. She wasn't particularly fond of this method of travel, but it beat the boat ride over from the states. She sighed as she tried to concentrate on the book whilst hearing the cry of a newborn somewhere in the same car. She closed the book after carefully putting a piece of scrap paper, one that she had torn from school work that had already been graded and such.

She looked out the window as she felt the train sort of jerk to a start, slowly chugging along at first and then gaining speed. She couldn't help but to think about what must be going through her best friend's mind. Pippa had not deserved her fate, the bank had seized her assets and everything in the wake of the fire that took the lives of both family and hired help alike... it'd been a devastating blow to many people. She missed Pippa dearly, hoped that she was still intact after everything that had happened. Her own father, Wit, had done his best to help unfreeze the remaining estate since it rightfully belonged to Pippa now.

The good news was that she, if she yet lived, would be able to take care of her own needs. The bad news was that the property where the house stood was still being looked into by the local law until a later date, though it would not be too long, according to Wit's words she'd overheard to the policeman. She knew her father and Pippa's had also been best friends in the years since she'd met her at finishing school. She remembered the first encounter their parents had to one another, and it was as if they had been friends for many years. It'd been during the first year of school when parents and family came to visit and check in on the progress of their daughters.

Pippa's father had been such a kind person, as had his wife and son. She only hoped that Pippa was alright at this point, if someone had been there to cushion the blow.

She tucked her small book into her bag and bit into her lip, deep in thought.
Forestry Contractor

9 Posts
0 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 5ft 11
Alias: Hutchie

Pesach had boarded the train with his sister. He'd agreed to travel with her on this journey & was putting his bag in the overhead storage. He hadn't got used to this mode of transport. The ship coming to the UK was bad enough and here he was in what felt like a cattle cart.

He'd stopped at the local convenience stand and picked up some snacks for the trip to make it a little more bearable and some drinks before boarding and retrieving them and his journal from his haversack before sitting down

He took his seat across from his sister and thumbed to the next free page in his journal and wrote a few lines. He glanced up from his journal and spoke "you ok tobi?"

10 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She, Her

"I'm fine." She gave a slight smile and reached out to squeeze his wrist in that way she usually did when she didn't want one to worry about her. Her eyes did not quite smile though, which was also a usual accompaniment to the wrist squeeze. She looked out the window as she felt the train jolt forward, her eyes distant and not set upon any particular sight that they slowly passed by. "I hope she is alright. I know she had quite a shock. Our father is doing everything he can to help her, I know he's alerted the authorities in London." She sighed and bit into her lip for a moment before going on, "It wasn't fair at all to her that any of this happened. She needs to know she can be safe with us. Poor Pippa, I know she must be so frightened."
Forestry Contractor

9 Posts
0 Threads

Pesach opened his drinking and took a drink before offering the bottle to his sister. He smiled once more and continued. "I know Father is doing everything he can. He's a good man. We will find pippa and help her anyway we can"

In truth he had no idea where to start but every great adventure always started with the first step. It would be an adventure what ever happened but he knew deep down they would find pippa once more

10 Posts
1 Thread

She tried to smile, but it was hard to. "She is out there somewhere, she has to be. I wish we had known sooner. The poor thing must be frightened. I just cannot imagine what she is going through and how alone she feels." She remembered such a kind lass, one who was so worthy of being loved that it hurt to be her friend at times as she was the belle and she was very much in pursuit from the local young men. As far as Tobi knew, however, Pippa was not interested in anyone and therefor was known as virtuous and very much marriageable. Too bad that it was frowned upon for Jews and Christians to marry, Pippa and Pesach would make for a darling couple. She smiled at the thought.

"I think of what a happy person she is and I hope that she was at least able to find some among all the hurt she just endured. I want to wrap my arms around her and never let her go. She is my best friend and I love her so dearly. I hope she isn't hurt, I hope she is well."
Forestry Contractor

9 Posts
0 Threads

Pesach saw her smile from the top of his journal as he was writing. He tried to write most days and had done for years. His thoughts went back to his sister "whats making you smile?"

He thought for a moment. "Yeah I agree with you. She deserves something alot better than what's she's been through. Some scars won't heal and some will heal over time"

10 Posts
1 Thread

"It's nothing. It's just me bemoaning our different faiths. Hers and ours, I mean. She would have been a good sister." She shrugged, "But it's frowned upon to mix faiths. And I don't think she was interested in any of the would be beaux she had trying to call at every hour allowed at the school." She paused and looked at him, "But I could see the pair of you being beautiful together had circumstances been different." And then she gave a shrug.

"I would never have pushed the match, and you know it, but I could still daydream about her being my sister, could I not?"
Forestry Contractor

9 Posts
0 Threads

Pesach nodded "yeah we could have made a great couple but like you say our religions prevent that crossing. Funny how we all read the word of God but it keeps us apart from each other"

He thought for a moment "and yeah I know you are close and even still she has always been like family to us. In a round about way she is a sister to us. Just not by blood"

10 Posts
1 Thread

She nodded, "If papa lets us, perhaps we can adopt her in until she can marry." Tobi shook her head and then looked back out the window. "We will see her again, and somehow it will be made to some sort of right. She could never wish to marry after her ordeal. Losing one's whole family has got to be quite a shock. I wonder if she is alright. We knew she was alive and well months ago based on her trail, but will Whitby really be the last stop in her journey?"
Forestry Contractor

9 Posts
0 Threads

Pesach sat back in the seat and shook his head "who knows little sister! I've no idea what you expect to find in whitby. Or what we will find. It may be peace. It may be war but we will find out together."

Once more he thought about it. He was unsure where they where headed but he would wait and see. This meant so much to his sister and he would see it through till the end