Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Enter Hortencia Coggins [Railway Station]

28 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'7"

Hortencia hesitated, and then she asked him one question. "Will you keep a secret?" When she saw his nod and heard his affirmation, she looked down, took a deep breath, and spent the rest of the ride and even after it stopped, explaining the situation. There was a lot to be heard, a lot needed to be said because she needed help to execute carefully laid out plans. She started with the truth that the readers all know about, that she was the nanny to the Carrington children and that she succumbed to the advances of a then, much younger Magnus. She explained that he had her removed as soon as her belly was starting to swell and that she went through the pregnancy very ill and it wasn't clear whether she would make it beyond the birth. She went on to explain the things that you, the readers, shan't find out until later in the storyline. Patience.

By the end of it all, she had explained what she was doing, why she was doing it, and why she needed help to do it.

"I need someone to carry out the legwork as I am not healthy to do so. I cannot tell you how long I have left, but I have a feeling it will be sooner, rather than later, that I finally leave this world and find peace. Perhaps by then, wrongs shall be righted, and the truth shall set Pearl free."

With that, she finally rapped on the ceiling for the driver to help them out. Assuming Mark got out first and helped her down, she then looked at the small abode, it was not as bad as she thought it would be based on the description when she bought it sight unseen. She pulled out the key that had been shipped to her about a week prior when arrangements were finalized. She took a deep breath and entered the lodge that was hers until she drew her last breath. It was humble, the furniture was outdated and somewhat faded but looked comfortable enough. She was winded by the time she reached the winged chair that was still covered with a dust cover (most had been removed but people were busy.)

She removed the cover with a little more effort than the normal person would have to take, but she didn't want to keep asking for help and she wanted to retain some of her independence for as long as possible. She sat down with a weary sigh and gestured for Mark to have a seat if he so desired. "I've told you everything at this point and so far only you and the person I bought this home from know anything, so again, I urge you to remain silent about it all until I tell you it's time for the truth to come out." She trusted him, but it was sill necessary feeling to reiterate things.

If someone were to go to a reporter, it would be her or him with her permission, and that time would not be coming until she was sure that if she didn't talk, it would never come out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 02-27-2023, 01:04 AM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 02-27-2023, 01:26 AM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 02-27-2023, 02:18 AM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 02-27-2023, 02:48 AM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 02-27-2023, 03:28 AM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 02-27-2023, 06:53 PM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 02-27-2023, 09:19 PM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 03-02-2023, 09:06 PM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Hortencia Coggins - 03-04-2023, 05:34 PM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 03-04-2023, 05:52 PM
RE: Enter Hortencia Coggins - by Mark Harwell - 03-05-2023, 09:23 PM