Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Free Child to Good Home [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah was a bit unhappy. He had been trying to find someone to take in the child, just temporarily. The ladies that had their own business, he put as nicely as he could, were even tried, but they refused. He knew once in a while there was a child there before the mother left or they took it to an orphanage. He was not the type to ever ask favors of such because he made it easy on them and always was a middle ground party if there was trouble. That would be taking advantage of those who needed someone on their side, at least to hear them out. 

He decided to keep thinking such thoughts as he held little John in his arms and then started to pass the church. He stopped and stared up at it, blushing a bit as he remembered recent events. He shook his head and walked in, certainly someone like Father Richards would have an answer!

"Ah.. Hello? Is there.. someone here? Father?" He called out as he stepped inside and glanced around.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

There was a voice he recognized. His heart leaped for joy. All week he had been trying to put Mr. Crane out of his head. He had even broken his promise and hadn't visited him anymore. He had to stay as far away as possible. Particular friendships were forbidden, dangerous. And yet he had felt drawn to Mr. Crane. He wanted to help him and be part of the man's life - more so than was proper for a priest. He had gone to the neighboring town to go to confession and was determined to keep himself under strict control from now on. And yet, he had caught himself thinking of Mr. Crane all the time. Was he still sick? Was he disappointed Gabriel hadn't dropped by again? Did he think of him? What was he doing now? Even street kids causing trouble and needing a constable to put them back in line, gave him joy for the mere association. He would tell himself off, and feel ashamed, and be harder on himself. He would skip meals purposely and stay up longer to pray. This man had given him his trust. Gabriel knew his feelings towards him were the worst kind of betrayal. He hated himself for it. And yet his heart leaped.

Then it sank and he tried to strengthen himself, before he left the sacristy. "Mr. Crane," he wanted to sound cold and distant. He failed. He could not suppress some warmth in his voice. Then he noticed the child. "What's going on?" Again, he tried to sound distant. But his voice came out shaky.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah had known the priest was a good man and tried to be kind to him as all of his parishioners. He was mistaking it for actual friendship but the fact the priest did not return reminded him that it was just his loneliness and desire to get closer to the priest that made him feel that way. He was disappointed clearly, but the man was busy and could easily have forgotten or become busy with someone else in need. He couldn't be selfish when he was just one of many.

He immediately though looked up and tried to hide the smile at seeing the man. Why did this one have such an effect? He was clearly beyond even consideration, and that was saying something since all men were beyond consideration. "Ah.. sorry to bother you. I am sure you are very busy. I am just in desperate need." He showed the small bundle in his arms. "This boy was left on my doorstep early in the morning. I have spent all day trying to find someone to take him in. I... do not wish to take him to an orphanage. And I assure you, he isn't mine." He didn't mean to put that last bit in , but it was in worry that the man thought he was perhaps the type to do such a thing.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel frowned. "Poor child... My sister looks after some street children. We could take the child too her, although he is so young, I'm not sure what she could do for him..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

He looked disheartened but nodded. "I have to try. If I don't, then it is just an orphanage as my only hope and that's a cold option for a baby someone trusted me with."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel went back to lock the sacristy and he checked that the tabernacle was locked. Then he began to lead Elijah out of the church. "You mustn't take it too personally. They probably left it with you because you're a constable. They've left them in church just because it's a church."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah walked alongside him and nodded. "Oh I believe so. I can't even think of a unwed mother to be. But it is the same for you right ? If someone came to you for help you want to do your best, to make a good name for your position. Instill trust in the church.."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"The church has orphanages..." Gabriel answered. They crossed a few streets. "Are you all better?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded, "But they are so crowded as well. Even with real heart put into it, it is a cold place with little food. If I can't find help maybe the church's orphanages are a better option but.. I still do not know. "

He walked a bit and nodded to the priest."Oh I am much better. Within a day or so I was back on my feet, though weak. I can not thank you enough though. Oh! I should have returned your bowl. I will return it soon though perhaps you'd rather I take it to your house than the church?" He asked, slightly asking for his address, for completely innocent reasons of course!
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

There was temptation... But he restrained himself. "You can leave it at the presbytery," he said. "The housekeeper is almost always around."