Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Try to Impress! [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She had wanted to make everything perfect... She had spent most of the morning toiling away over the meal she made. The cook was only too happy to help because she was glad Miss Pearl was getting out of the house... She only guessed a young man was involved, but said nothing. Pearl, under the watchful eye of the cook, produced almost perfect fried chicken, perhaps a touch too light on the outside but certainly not raw, macaroni cheese straight from a cook book, cherry pie as promised, and a few other things... All of these things would be packed into a basket with some wooden dishes since she did not wish to break glass ones, and whatever other dishes were needed. She then got dressed in her prettiest walking dress and even fussed a little over her hair.

Even after her eldest sister did some jabbing, Pearl made an early appearance at the little knoll and had everything set up and ready to go, and she waited for his arrival.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

The sounds of Jenny's hooves and the creaking of the cart came before they were seen coming down the road at their usual leisurely pace. Upon seeing her, he raised an arm in a small wave.

He hopped off as soon as he was close enough and actually unhooked the harness to let Jenny walk along the grass and nibble since he knew he'd be there a while. As he got closer he looked a bit tired but smiled as he dropped to the ground beside her. "You're looking much better today ! And you made us a bounty if I ever did see one. This must have taken you half the night!"
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"I had help," she admitted with a sheepish smile. "I did cook it all, but I was under the watchful eye of our cook. I asked her if she would teach me." Her cheeks reddened and she said, "I am glad it looks alright to you still. It smells delightful." She also took out an apple, got up and moved to Jenny, offering the fruit to the beast so she could join the picnic too. "I brought Jenny a few apples so she could eat too. Didn't seem right not to invite her too." She chuckled softly.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"No one just knows how to cook, we all must learn our skills from someone. The fact you asked her to teach you just for me is an honor. Never had a girl learn to cook to please me before." He grinned then watched her feed Jenny. The mule sniffed at it before taking the apple eating a large portion in one bite then picking up the other portion on the ground and munching on it until it was quickly gone.

Pony placed a hand on his chest and leaned back as if reeling from the moment it was so overpowering. "Ah, a lady after my own heart! You thought about sweet Jenny, poor girl is always being ignored. Maybe I shall have to steal you away and marry you this very evening!" He laughed softly but gave her his charming wink. He sat with her and looked over the food. "Oh I do not know where to even begin with so much offered."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

She sat back down after dropping about five more apples on the ground for Jenny to eat at leisure. The spoiled Mule. She laughed a little bit with his playful banter. "I committed to the chicken when I told you that's what I would cook." She wiped her hands and then picked up a chicken wing, "Why not start with it?" She then addressed the playful words about marriage and she shook her head, "Imagine my papa letting you whisk me away because I fed your mule." She laughed and then bit into the chicken, which she gave a surprised, "MMmm!" to. It was pretty good, though it could have been slightly crispier.

But hey, it was her first time.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"I would not have faulted you if it proved too difficult. " He agreed and took a piece as well. Before he took a bite he laughed along with her. "Is there a better reason than shared compassion for a mule?" He grinned and nodded as he took a bite. It was very good but then it was his first time having fried chicken. "It is amazing! You did a wonderful job." He quickly worked on eating the rest of the piece though doing so neatly and not looking starved.
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"Thank you. Oh my goodness," she was genuinely surprised at how well it turned out. "The receipt is from last century sometime. I think the secret is in the lemon juice and spring onions. Cook said to let it sit for three hours before I battered it. It was a lot of work but it was very fun."

She was chuckling too about the beast who nommed happily away at the apples she had saved for her. "You could marry me because of the chicken." She laughed and started to spoon out the pasta and the other things she cooked, handing that to him and then dishing hers out. She tried the mac and cheese and her eyes widened, "Well then."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Perhaps I should marry your cook." Pony teased and laughed as he enjoyed the chicken then grinned as she served him more. He carefully tried some and grinned."This is amazing. I've never tried food like this. Thank you for really treating me."
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

"She is already married," she laughed. "I am glad you like your lunch. It was the least I could do... for you coming to my rescue a few times." She nudged him and then ate her lunch too, quite pleased with herself for cooking instead of having the cook make the food. "And maybe I was hoping to impress you." She grinned.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony laughed and nodded nudging her. "You only need to sit with me and bring that lovely smile to make it up to me. I was happy to have such kind company. And you do not need to impress me. I am always happy to be around someone sweet and gentle. You seem to fit that perfectly, so never fear about having to do anything special. I like simplicity."