Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Need That Healing Touch [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah's expression darkened and he shook his head. "I have heard such things. I have not found it yet. Trust me, if I even get a hint. Find a single victim, I would never go easy on it. Children are.. children. I do not like to even think they are being taken advantage of in any way."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel nodded. "Children have it rough. I am looking for a new teacher for our school. One of the current ones is a bully." Apparently he had been chums with Kemble. Surprise.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded. "I completely agree. I will keep an eye out. I am sure there are a couple of the younger men in town who have been educated that would jump at the chance to teach instead of the more manual labor the are used to."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel nodded. "Thank you. Oh!" He rushed to the kitchen. The soup was boiling and Gabriel quickly took it off the stove. He fetched two cups and returned with two cups of soup, handing one to Elijah. "You normally cook for yourself then?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah was surprised when the man left suddenly. It took him a second to recall the soup and he smiled slightly. He sat up straighter to accept the bowl when he returned. He looked confused at the man. "Well, yes. I do just about everything for myself. I live alone and do not require the needs of someone to help keep the place clean or to make my food. I can not cook many things, but it keeps it easy when I have a small selection." He smiled weakly. "Plus, I get occasionally asked to others' homes to eat with them. So I sometimes get to try something different." He took the soup and blew on a spoonful before trying it. It was delicious as he expected.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

With Elijah sitting up, a part of his chest was exposed again, and Gabriel looked down at his soup. He shouldn't have come. He shouldn't have come. "That's good, to be able to look after yourself... I think I would starve to death..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked up and shook his head. "I can not believe that. Even if you could not afford it, someone would come to help you stay fed. You are the priest and you are a very kind man. Who wouldn't want to help you?" He knew there were those that didn't agree to his message... He realized he still hadn't told him what it had been about that Sunday. His eyes went down as he ate his soup. "Thank your cook for me.. This is delicious."
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Gabriel smiled. "Thanks. Well, with kind people like you, I'm sure I'd be away." No! Too personal. This was not right! "I will thank her." He drank some of his soup, but still made sure not to look at Elijah. What was this trap he had willingly walked into?
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"The world needs kind people. Otherwise the unkind would make it too hard to find a reason to be so... I think." Elijah said but noticed he still looked away. He gently put down the soup and moved to struggle to get up. "Sorry.. I noticed you are looking away. I should have covered up, you are losing your appetite." His voice was low and cracked as it was saddening to admit. He pulled the blankets aside to get to his feet and stagger towards his wardrobe.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

"No! Its just...." he couldn't admit what it was. But he did not want Elijah to think it was the scars either. "It just felt awkward..." he said uncomfortably.