Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Need That Healing Touch [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nodded and winced sitting up. "I've been ill. Hadn't realized how much time passed. You are too kind, Rose. I didn't mean to be any trouble.."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"It's no trouble at all," she said with a smile. Actually, she would have loved to sit outside and enjoy the sun, but her father had insisted, and Elijah had always been kind to them. "Let me just heat the soup." And she put the pan she had brought on the stove, before returning. "You must be quite ill, then. Shall I fetch the doctor?"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah sighed and shook his head. "I am sure he would just tell me to rest and drink lots of water. " He glanced at the door and back . "Ah.. Fathet Richards said he may come visit me later. He discovered me I'll this morning and seemed concerned so...he might stop by..."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"Who?" Rose said a little confused. But then she remembered that Elijah was a Catholic, the one thing her father faulted him for. She'd better not hang around if a catholic priest was coming over. Father wouldn't like her talking to their lot. "The soup will be hot in a minute. I won't disturb you for long."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled weakly and gave her a nod. "You never disturb. Thank you for coming and helping me out. I am grateful, truly..." He pulled the blanket up higher.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Just then, there was a knock on the door and Gabriel walked in with a small box. "How are-, oh," he stopped when he saw Rose. He looked from Rose to Elijah. "Good afternoon, miss."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"I'm already making soup for 'im," Rose stated bluntly, in a papist-go-back-to-Rome manner.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah tried to hide the joy at the return of Father Richards and looked to Rose quickly at her cold reception. "It is alright. Had I known I would have let someone know not to bring me any. But he came and he checked on me earlier. He is more than welcome to stay." He smiled apologetically to Gabriel.
"I am sorry. This is Rose, she is a long time family friend.' He didn't know why he felt the need to be clear. "Rose, this is Father Richards, I mentioned him. You might disagree religiously... but I really think you could get along. " He wanted to stress that he wanted them to, but he sort of knew that was very hard on Rose's end. "He really changed my life around and helped me see things more positively.." He added towards Rose. He wanted to say almost anything to keep Gabriel there.
Posting Freak

764 Posts
15 Threads

Height: 5'9

Gabriel gave Elijah a quick smile and then turned back to the girl. "Nice to meet you, Rose. I'm sure your soup is far nicer and Mr. Crane should have it." He put the box down on the table. She seemed defensive and uncomfortable with his presence. Was it just denomination? Or was he disturbing? Maybe she liked Mr. Crane and he was disturbing an opportunity of bonding, although Elijah did not realize it yet? "I can come back later."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose did not see how she could get along with someone who practiced little less than what she considered devil worship. But for Elijah's sake, she replied: "Nice to meet you too." It came out entirely unconvincing. She did not add 'father'. Her father had troubles with such titles in the Anglican church even. After all, didn't Jesus say they had only one father? She certainly wouldn't address a papist priest with that title. When the priest offered to go, Rose remained silent, but hoped Elijah would send him away. How had he turned Elijah's life around? Was he going to go to the Catholic Church more often now? At least he went to church, some would say. But it would mean Elijah would practice idolatry!