Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Surprise! [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

"Thanks, Elijah. You're family to us." In fact... Was Elijah to old? Well, Rose was too old to be unmarried, clearly... "I'm glad she's found a position, but I hope she can find a husband soon..." he said casually.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah nodded and smiled to him. He shrugged at the mention, not taking it for the suggestion it was. "Of course. She is lovely and spirited, lots of men like that. Good head on her shoulders. I am sure she will find a fine man who can make her very happy."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

That was a good sign. "Aye..." he would have to speak to Elijah alone sometime. The baby started crying again, and Anne rocked him.
"We need to give him a name." she said.
"He's not ours, dear." Ben replied.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah shrugged. "Wouldn't hurt to give the baby a nickname. So we don't have to say 'the baby' until we figure something out. It doesn't mean anyone will get attached. What do you think, Anne?" He said to the young lady with a smile.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Moses!" Anne suggested. "Because he's a foundling like Moses."
"Nobody calls their child Moses, Anne," her older sister pointed out.
"Abraham!" Bram suggested.
"That's your name!" All three children pointed out at once.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah chuckled lightly. "I think .. John is fine. It is a classic name. But we can always settle on one later. When it's a little later in the day and everyone in town is awake, I can try to ask around..."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Bram looked disappointed, but didn't put up a fight. His older brother smirked at him.

When breakfast was done, Ben turned to Elijah. "We can call upon Mrs. Tanner now. She's nursing her own. She may be able to nurse... John. Bring the bairn." And he led him out into the yard.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded as he followed Ben closely. He held the child the best he could, fearing he may drop it any moment because it was so delicate. "I will never be able to repay you..."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Children need to be looked after." Ben said. He knocked on a door across the yard. A man with a dark beard opened. "What is it, Ben?"
"Crane found this child in front of his door this morning." Ben said. "We were wondering if Mary would be able to nurse it for now."
But the woman appeared behind her husband. She was carrying a baby on her arm. Her clothes were in a poor state, she was thin and looked worn out. A toddler girl with messy hair came running and held on to her skirt. "Don't mean to be rude, Ben, but I've got me own to feed."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked down in disappointment. "Thank you for your time, sorry to bother you." He looked to Ben. "Maybe there is a girl in town who can do it? Some would be happy to for a little money...and it's his life we are talking about."