Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Surprise! [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

Height: 5'8''

Ben took the baby from Elijah and looked at it. "Good gracious. It's tiny. I reckon it's no more than a few days old." He had seen enough babies in his life to make an estimation. The children came in. Only four of them were left. Alice and Anne were young ladies of sixteen and fifteen now. They had put on something over their nightgowns. The boys, William and Bram were thirteen and eight.
"Is it yours?" Bram asked.
"Of course it's not." Ben replied. The baby woke up from all the noise and started crying again. He put the baby down on the table, and unwrapped the cloth. It was a boy - as was also demonstrated when the baby started peeing over Ben. Ben quickly wrapped up the shawl. "Anne, quickly. Find something else to wrap him in!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah looked like he would faint wh e the boy asked if it was his. Thank heavens Ben knew him better than that. He felt more confident about his decision when the man took charge easily. "I am so sorry to wake you. I just.. I know nothing about babies !"
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"That's no problem." Ben said - although being peed on what not his favourite activity. He looked down at his shirt. Anne came back with a cloth and changed the baby. "I suppose we need to find him a home, unless you want to take him to York or some place to leave him at the orphanage..."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

It was immediately a shake of his head. "No orphanage... It is a grim place. " He had seen them in York and those children looked... hopeless. He was certain the baby could find a home in Whitby somewhere. "I am sure there is someone who would be happy to take him in. Besides, if it was the mother who dropped him off.. she may change her mind and want him back. I should know where he is , just in case."
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"In that case we need to find a nursing mother. William. In an hour or so, we can go over to Mrs. Tanner across the yard. She's had a little one herself last week.. You must have breakfast with us, Elijah." The children stood doting over the baby, but when father spoke, Alice moved to the stove to prepare porridge, and Anne took the dirty cloth, put it in a basket and picked up the baby in her arms.
"If you change your shirt, father, I'll wash it today along with the other things."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled and looked at the baby with some relief. "You are a life saver. I am so glad you could help me. I will stay, of course. I am always happy to be here and I owe you so much for what you've done for me so far.m with..him." He gestured towards the baby. He certainly couldn't repay Ben for all he had done, it would take a life time or more.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"No problem at all..." Ben said, and he moved to the other room. Anne smiled at him, gently rocking the baby. William laid the table, asking his younger brother to help. Bram stuck out his tongue at his brother and sat down, until his father returned to the room with a different shirt on, and the boy was suddenly up on his feet, helping his brother. Ben tossed the shirt in the basket. The baby was back to sleep in Anne's arms. "How's work?" Ben asked.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah smiled at Anne as she took good care of the boy then chuckled at the youngest one's stubbornness before he followed orders to avoid his father's wrath. It made him giggle slightly before his attention was caught by Ben. "Ah, it's fine. Nothing of interest really. Same problems, usually the same people but not always. But that's good. I like it when it's boring. Far better than exciting in my job." He gave the man a small smile.
Posting Freak

1,086 Post
14 Threads

"Aye, I can't fault ye." Ben said. Alice brought a pan of porridge to the table and served everyone. They said grace and ate. "Our Rose found a position here in Whitby. Didn't think she'd easily find something here. But now she has experience, of course." And no reference letter, but Ben didn't mention that.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

"That is wonderful. I am so proud how she's doing. I hope it turns out well for her. I hope she knows if she needs help or anything she can always turn to me as well as you. I care about everyone. You might not be blood, but you are my family." Elijah smiled at Ben as he slowly ate the food alongside them.