Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Sometimes Dreams Do Come True [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

67 Posts
2 Threads

Height: 5'1''

Kate gave him a sad smile to show empathy. But some part of her felt that this was John's fault for staying away for so long. She had certainly wanted him home sooner, and her mother had suffered so for missing him and worrying about him.

When the food arrived she forgave him however. She cut a hole in the top of her pie and dipped her chips in before putting them into her mouth, grinning, and savouring the taste even more in the knowledge that her big brother was treating her. Ma would probably be angry if she knew they were having a meal before tea, but ma didn't need to know. If she wasn't able to eat much later on, she would blame it on being too excited over John's return.

"School's alright..." she said, ignoring the fact that she had been reprimanded today. "Earlier this summer Miss Bell said that if I keep it it I'll stand a good chance of earning the Queen's scholarship. Just my needlework that's still as awful as when ye left. I think ma's given up on me as well. But I got the highest score of all the pupil teachers in math. So I hope that makes up for my sloppy stitches."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes Dreams Do Come True - by Kate Blacke - 08-06-2022, 07:45 PM