Hello, guest!
or Register?

[CW] First class to whitby....

32 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: she/her
Height: 5'6"
Alias: Selene

William’s news shocked Bess and she squeezed his hand. Her hazel eyes widened and it was all she could do to keep her jaw from dropping to the floor. She knew their jewelry was popular among the upper class but to be asked to design jewelry for a Duke’s wife! That was an honor she had not expected but it pleased her immensely. Commissions weren’t rare, but so far none had come from such a high-status noble.

“That’s wonderful!” she exclaimed. “But oh! What shall I wear? I suppose I shall have to have a few more gowns made. There is nothing in my wardrobe suitable for meeting a Duchess.” The dark-haired woman laughed and shook her head. “Listen to me, thinking about nothing but clothes. But that is your answer, my love. We will all go with you, and I shall work with the Duchess to create a design that fits her style.

“It will also be good for Stephanie. She’s been running a bit wild lately.” Eventually Bess would have to tell him about the fight their niece had gotten into at the regatta party. Her cuts and bruises were still healing. But that could wait. William’s homecoming should be a time of joy.

She interlaced her fingers with his. “I suppose we should,” she sighed. “The children will be happy …”

“Papa!”

Bess chuckled as the boys ran up to their father and hugged him. They had probably saw him arrive from the window in their upstairs bedroom. Stephanie was not with them, which didn’t surprise her.

“We missed you, Papa,” Will said.

“Did you bring us presents?” James asked.

Messages In This Thread
First class to whitby.... - by William St. Clair - 07-10-2022, 12:38 PM
RE: First class to whitby.... - by Bess St. Clair - 07-12-2022, 07:14 PM
RE: First class to whitby.... - by Bess St. Clair - 07-20-2022, 05:40 PM
RE: First class to whitby.... - by Bess St. Clair - 08-12-2022, 06:37 PM
RE: First class to whitby.... - by Bess St. Clair - 08-31-2022, 06:36 PM
RE: First class to whitby.... - by Bess St. Clair - 10-31-2022, 03:41 PM
RE: First class to whitby.... - by Bess St. Clair - 05-01-2023, 06:45 PM