Hello, guest!
or Register?

The Black(e) Sheep
Posting Freak

770 Posts
24 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'2"

She said, "I'll speak to Joe of course, but I think even he will see what got sent to me and jump." Pearl gave a deep breath then, and finished reading the missive. Then she looked up at Lottie with genuine confusion. "She said the whole lot of us, you and your husband, all of the family, are welcome to come into her employ." She paused and then looked down so she could read out loud, "I have heard of the many tales of the last while you have had, that you've been kidnapped and almost ruined there, that you have gone through scandal, some of your making, most of your family's. I wouldn't send this without having talked to those who have been around you to know that while you've had your troubles, you are a kindhearted young woman who deserves to be given a chance at better. I cannot tell you how much more I know of you, for all will be revealed to you in time. Even if you choose not to accept employment, you deserve the coin that no doubt has shocked you. I will explain more when I see you for myself. As for your husband and his family, I've seen what was written in the papers but I have heard enough about your husband to know that he has done so much more for you than the people who have failed you. One day soon, it will all be clear. For now, please extend my wishes to bring you and your new family into my household, and none of you will want for anything ever again. Yours, Hortencia Coggins."