Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Sight for Sore Eyes [Market, Shops and Spas]
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

It was another day to Pony. He was planning on seeing Pearl later, but for now he was in the middle of the market selling his medicines, as always. He was his cheerful self, charming the ladies and convincing the men that he had what they need. 

"This will help with your weight. And your baldness. Oh, this will help with that cold! Syphilis you say? Well, look no further!" Bottles were handed out, with his guarantee that it would work... if used correctly. He liked this town, full of chumps willing to pay out for his little all purpose medicine. He thought perhaps this was a nice town he could spend an extra month in when he saw a familiar face in the crowd. 

He almost dropped the bottle he was holding, and rose a brow. "Karen? Karen!" He walked to her quickly and looked over at his sister. What was she doing here? He immediately glanced about to see if that husband of hers was nearby and grateful he didn't see that mustached man. 

"You are far from home.."

536 Posts
15 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: Average

It hadn't been too hard to find him, what, with his disgruntled customers complaining in the inns left in his wake... at least the closer she got to him. She'd known the general direction of his departure and started from there. Of course, the trip had been longer than anticipated, particularly because she was starting to feel very pregnant, her belly larger than it should be and very likely twins or one large child. There too was the fact that she was in deep mourning for her murdered husband...

By the time she was standing in the crowd, looking at her brother, there was a numb expression on her face. She didn't reach out to hug him, nor did she cry. "I'm home now, brother," she said, her voice roughened by her long journey.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony wasn't happy about her having that man's child but he wasn't going to make her suffer or the innocent kid. He immediately guided her to the cart and helped her onto it to sit and rest her feet.

"Good to see you again, Karen. Didn't know if... if ever see you again." He slowly admitted. He got her some water but then asked what was clearly at the front of his mind. "So where is he? Abandon you? Hurt you? You wouldn't have come back if you both were still living the happy couple life."

536 Posts
15 Threads

She allowed him to help her to his cart--- their cart, she reminded herself, and sat there silently for a time after he asked his question. It was no secret that Pony hated Harold, but would he be so cruel as to talk badly about the dead to his freshly widowed sister? Karen finally met his eyes, hers filled with such remorse that it was palpable, and she said in a broken little voice, "He was killed, Pony. Shortly after we married... I came lookin for ye not long after I put him in the ground, I just could not bear to be there in that house without him. He built it fer me, ye know? But it wasn't the same." Considering he died in her arms. She was not going to go into detail about his death.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"He's.. dead?" Pony's eyes widened. He wanted to celebrate and say he deserved it. It was karma for what he did to her. But he wasn't going to say to her in her sensitive fragile state. He looped an arm around her and hugged her close, putting a small kiss on her forehead. "Hey. It will be ok. He might be gone.. but you still got me right? And you got a piece of him with you." He gestured to her belly though soon enough he would pretend that man never existed. "I'll take care of you. You know I always would, right?"

536 Posts
15 Threads

She nodded against his shoulder, and she whispered softly, "I've never felt so alone or frightened in mah life... I still don't believe he's g-gone. It's been some months and it still hurts so badly." She winced and rubbed at her belly as a cramp tore through her, something that had been happening since most likely from the stress. She should have been resting up, gathering her strength. She gave a shuddering sigh and relaxed against her brother, so very tired that she could fall asleep right then and there. "How are ye, Pony? I've missed ye..."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

"Because he was your world. " And he didn't deserve it, he thought smugly at the dead man. He held her gently and soothingly stroked her hair. "I'm alright. same old Pony. You know I don't like change." He grinned at her.

536 Posts
15 Threads

"I'm afraid there shall be plenty of changes," she said with a humorless laugh, "I'll have a little one soon for you to bounce on your knee. Or maybe two, I'm absolutely rotund," she added with her hand still there. She took in a few, deep breaths and the cramping eased. She had to be calm, losing her child would absolutely kill her. She had to be strong, that was the main thing that kept her going.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony smiled trying to joke around and poked her side, careful of her belly. "Maybe you're gonna have one like my name sake. Big enough to be a pony and he was a rather hairy fellow. "

536 Posts
15 Threads

She would have denied it that Harold was hairy, but it was true. He had a particular tr---... Ahem. Karen said, "I just want the babe ta be healthy." She lay her head on his shoulder and went on to say, "I have missed ye, ye know?"