Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] It's Late at Night, Do You Know Where Your Kids Are? [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodatio

188 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 4'10"

Edward frowned and helped her to her feet and took her to a place to get her into some light to see her face.

"Are you sure you're alright?" He looked around and turned from her. "Get on my back. I'll get us there. But I don't want you getting hurt no more." He was worried more and more. "Don't worry about things. I'm used to it and I'll keep you safe."
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mable was reluctant to let Edward see her face.  It wasn't fair that he got to see her scratch and how bad it was before she did, but she was glad he didn't make a big deal about it - until he told her to get on his back.  Even in shock, Mable couldn't help but laugh.

"I won't get hurt, I won't get hurt," she assured, putting a hand on Edward's shoulder.  "I just tripped and got a little scraped up, that's nothing!  Plus, how are you gonna keep me safe if I'm on your back?  You'd be better at it next to me."

Still nervous, Mable glanced around the alley again, but still saw nothing.  "Let's hurry, but just be more careful, okay?"

188 Posts
4 Threads

Ed save her a sour look. "I'm not the one who isn't careful. You're the one who tripped!" He shook his head, since she wouldn't let him carry her out he went back to walking.

"Just don't look back. Didn't no one ever teach you nothing? You just focus on what's ahead of you. Don't look back and ignore sounds. People always like to trick others to rob em or worse!"

He knew because he'd tried it. Rich people already ignored things so the only ones who'd listen were just as dangerous or poor.

"Maybe you shouldn't come back here." He said as he could only imagine the danger she'd be in if she tried to find his spot on her own. "You couldn't make it on the streets like me."
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable walked, making sure to stay right next to Edward and not look back like he told her to do.

"I could so survive on the streets," she retorted.  "What am I saying, I already have!  It's just that I'm not used to walking around a town at night where other people are, that's all."

She hoped people wouldn't try to rob her or Edward.  They were just kids, it's not like they had much of anything anyway!

The wound on Mable's face started to sting more and more as her heart stopped beating so fast, and her knee was starting to hurt as well.  It didn't feel proper to hitch up her dress and check her leg in front of Edward, though, so she'd just ignore it.

"Edward, was the cut on my face very noticeable?  Do you think I'll still be able to swim with it?"

188 Posts
4 Threads

It was hard to listen to other noises when Mable was talking, but he didn't say anything. "If there's no danger on the streets it's easy."He said as he walked along. "Maybe one day I'll teach you how to fight so you don't get so nervous."

While he walked quickly through a street that made them feel like they were being stared at, Edward quickly shook his head. "It's just a scratch. It's a little gross but the ocean will clean it right up!" He offered, but he was the opposite of a doctor. He'd never even talked to one other than being yelled at for trying to pick a pocket. "But I mean, if it hurts so much you don't need to. We can always swim later." Finally they started to end up in a more familiar part of town for Mable.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

"Gross?!" Mable slapped a hand over her wound and immediately regretted it, flinching from the pain of the impact and from irritating the fresh scrape.  "Ouch... ah, Edward, is my face really gross?  Or is that you just trying to be mean and cool?"

She felt relieved walking down streets more and more familiar to her, but couldn't express it with how worried she was about her face.  Maybe washing it off in the ocean would be good after all.

188 Posts
4 Threads

What was she worried about? "It's cool and tough to be gross. And your face is fine, just the cut is gross. You smeared blood all over your cheek when you touched it. It'll be fine." He waved her off and kept walking. "Don't worry about it so much. The water will clean it up. Besides, we're both hurt now. It shows how touch we are!' He said with a huge grin.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

That made Mable feel... well, better mostly, but a little sad when she remembered what happened to Edward.  Mable tried to wipe the blood she apparently smeared over her cheek away, but only really made it worse.  She cleaned her hand on her dress again.

"The water won't clean away your black eye, though.  What did those boys with clubs even want from you?"

188 Posts
4 Threads

[CW: mention of child abuse]

Edward shook his head, "But I ain't bleedin, am I?" He shrugged and didn't want to answer at first as he walked more at ease and not looking around every corner. "Sometimes people just know I'm better than they are and they get scared and want to stand up to me to prove themselves. But I won cause I'm the best." He said with a smile. He wasn't about to mention running into familiar faces and there being an argument and a drunken strike.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

How could people be so mean?  At least Mable's injury was an accident, not some jerks who wanted a one up on her.

Mable's hand reached out and took Edward's.  Not because she needed help or guidance through the streets, or to keep up with her friend; it was just because she wanted to hold his hand.

"You are the best," she said.  "I'm sorry those boys hurt you.  I know you're tough and mean, but you should be careful too."