Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] It's Late at Night, Do You Know Where Your Kids Are? [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodatio

188 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 4'10"

Edward was quiet a moment then nodded. "Sure..." he started to walk toward the wrack line and found a mostly clean spot to lay on. "Is your not brother giving you trouble?" He asked after laying down.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mable was all too glad to follow Edward and lay down beside him.  She was pleased her strange request hadn't been brushed off as too dangerous or silly.  But then, if it was the former, Edward would protect her, and if it was the latter... well, she'd have played it off as a joke.  But Edward was amazing, so it wasn't even necessary!

His question had her pause for a moment.  "Yeah... he's just being weird lately.  Drinking and arguing with me.  But he's still a very amazing boy, even if he's not my brother.  He's just..."  Mable trailed off and shrugged.  "All your siblings are younger than you, so I guess you wouldn't have that problem, huh?"

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward listened as he watched the sky. He didn't comment on her brother, after all that was his dad and lots of others. Maybe Mable's brother just got old enough he can drink so she'd have to get used to it, but he didn't want to tell her that. As the boy resisted sleep, he glanced over.

"No, I don't have that problem. I have little brothers and sisters who want to bother me all the time and need to be taken care of. They aren't fun to play with and are selfish jerks." He wasn't the most aware, but it didn't matter. It wasn't dealing with just one, it was the household of them and his parents together.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Even though Edward didn't sound happy at all, Mable couldn't help but smile.

"Little kids are so cute, though.  At least they can't boss you around and act like they know more than you.  And soon they'll be old enough to play fun stuff like pirates, even if you gotta convince them."

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward frowned a bit in thought. His siblings were nothing but loud and bossy. He thought of Bram, the kid could be fun and do what he said but he could also stab him in the back just as quickly. His face scrunched up and he shook it quickly. "Kids aren't cute. When I'm an adult I'm not gonna be one of those suckered into being a dad. Then I'd have to be around kids!" He made a fake gagging sound.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

"Aw, don't say that!" Mable sounded appalled, but she was laughing.  "Kid's are the cutest!  And if you don't want kid's when your older, just... marry a woman that doesn't want kids either.  Or drop them off on someone's doorstep if you do have one.  That's what happened to me."

188 Posts
4 Threads

Edward laughed with her a little even as he shook his head. "Who cares about getting married anyway?" Then she mentioned being left on a doorstep and he looked over surprised. "Wait. Really? What about your not brother? I mean.. who wouldn't want you?"
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Mable shrugged, her smile falling weaker.  She was glad it was dark, and hopefully Edward couldn't see.

"I wasn't really me when I was just a baby.  I was - well, just a baby.  And I guess my mom couldn't take care of me, or didn't want to, so she left me with that boy's mom and dad.  But then his mom left too.  He always told me we shared a dad, since our eyes were the same as his, but I never really knew for sure."  She shrugged again.

"Getting married would be nice, though, don't you think?  I bet you'd have a pretty wife that hates kids just like you do, and she'd be a pirate with us.  But she'd have to be below me!  You already promised I'd be first mate."

188 Posts
4 Threads

"Still. I guess I don't get dropping off a baby. I mean my family has no money but they keep having babies." He said with an annoyed huff. It certainly didn't make life easier or better on them, so why? "Maybe you had different moms. That could be and it would be why you were left with them. At least you got someone still looking out for you." That had to be hard for her to not have a mom or a dad now, he'd have to teach her how to live on the streets like he did.

"Of course. If I married, she'd have to be at least a half decent pirate. But I doubt she'd be nearly as good as you. Otherwise, I wouldn't marry or I'd leave her at some port and forget about her." He said with a laugh.
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

"I'm old enough now that I don't need anyone looking out for me, at least.  My brother, my real brother, he was half my age when he had to start raising me.  Without his mom, it was really just us, 'cause our dad was... you know."  She didn't want to think about it and cry again.

But it still made her sad to imagine up a pretty woman, married but left all alone just because she wasn't a very good pirate.  Then again, Mable thought any woman worth a darn would at least try to be an awesome pirate for her super cool pirate husband.

"No one's as good a pirate as me," Mable declared, "I was taught by the best, after all!  Captain Seabeard!"