Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Angel Hotel Charity Ball [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]

22 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He, Him
Height: 6'0"

He wasn't sure about the Ennington chit, she looked too thin for him. But then one of the Carringtons showed up and demanded a dance. He approached the scene and decided to throw a bone to the poor girl who was being... well... nevermind, he thought as he watched her give the young man a talking to like he was an offensive fart. That earned a little respect in Thorne's book. She didn't necessarily need a man to rescue her, but she certainly did need a friend at least. Thorne approached the pair and said, "Ah, there you are. I told you I would find you," he said smoothly, offering his arm, "Did you still want that dance?"
Blood-Shy Future Surgeon

78 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him

“That’s what we’re here for,” he said, sharply, hand remaining outward. “I take it you’ve not been to one of these before.”

He did not notice the carefully watching eyes, for who mattered but a Carrington and some woman?

“It’s not like anyone else wants to dance with you.”

It was just then that some other man butted in, disproving him in an instant. Roderick sneered but stepped back, because this working sod looked ripped.

85 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5’5”

Lailani had her own reasons for being here tonight. While a part of her did enjoy a lovely party gathering, the whole assisting in the event was one part business venture, two fourths adoring parties, and five fourths a penchant for impulse and a desire to always be doing something. Some might say hyper active but that was a word past lovers did not use to mean poor taste on Lailani. While the Hawaiian noble was dolled up with her lovely black curled tied up she dawned a pretty respectable gown as she uncouthly tried to scout out a good location to put the item of her newest business desires. That is what had the woman looking along the floor along the walls, mentally trying to translate the space needed for the hypothetical device that could in her mind put more money in her purse and ease her borrowing from her mother.. even though Lailani did not see it as borrowing sense Lailani argued that when her mother died that her mothers things would become hers… not that she wished her mother death in the slightest. She loved her mother but Lailani always had a peculiar way of seeing the world that only a mother could probably endure or love. 

Lailani tried mentally translating the size of The Device to a given space as she walked on the sidelines of the soirée walls. Judging the foot traffick while trying not to get distracted by the beautiful woman and handsome men dancing.

154 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'4"

Nettie smiled up at Maxim. She had wanted to introduce him to Malachi, but things weren't good. He had revealed so much to her, and he had acted strange. Now, he was missing. She had hoped he'd tell her if he was leaving Whitby. And she'd checked to make sure he wasn't injured somewhere. It had her realize at last no matter how much she supported him. He didn't trust her and he'd never open up to her.

She was taken out of her thoughts when she was spun. A smile returned as she came back to his arms to resume the dance and she thought on how much she had needed this dance. "I've had a lot on my mind lately. I can't thank you enough. You are like a knight even if you don't realize it." The blond squeezed his shoulder in appreciation as she tried to forget her worries and focus on what was before her and not what was leaving her behind.

32 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'8"

He tilted his head at her after pulling her back to his arms and said, "You don't have to tell me, but I am here if you wish to." He couldn't help but to give her hand a squeeze, knowing it would be inappropriate of him to squeeze her waist. He gave a half smile and said, "I am no knight, just a lad who likes to listen."

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie shook her head as she gave a weak smile. "It isn't anything to worry about. Just.. family matters. I am grateful that you even listen. You are very patient and understanding. I wish I could give you something in return for all the kindness you have given me." She looked up at him and became embarrassed before speaking again. "I would like to perhaps.. meet again . I still think fondly on our first meeting and we still should meet up and read together sometime."

32 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'8"

"I'd like that," he said softly as he gazed down at the blonde beauty. He said, "But you don't need to repay me for anything. I simply like being in your company, Nettie," he gave her a last, one revolution twirl as the dance ended. His eyes were on hers and he said, "I like your mind, your words, you... And you're so lovely, Nettie." He wanted to court her, he even imagined her being by his side. But of course, he had to get to know her first. He was at least reserved about that, though she made it hard to want to behave.

154 Posts
3 Threads

When the song ended, and she finished dancing, Nettie looked to Maxim. "I feel the exact same. I feel like I could talk to you all day long. And it is embarrassing to say I could never tire looking at your face." She blushed slightly but smiled. "I hope that isn't too bold to say. I would love to go back to the library with you again and you can tell me more about math." She didn't know as much about math as he did, but he could perhaps teach her. Not that it mattered, what mattered was the clear joy on his face when he did.

67 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: TBD
Alias: BlackAck

Norm moved uneasily around the fringes of the action at the ball. He felt very much out of his element, after all he had served some of these people recently as customers at the building society. He felt a particularly strong case of 'not one of us'.

Indeed, he was only here through the generosity of Miss MacKenzie, his fiance. That was still a strange word for him to use to describe her. To Norman, she was an exotic beauty from a distant land, who had hatched the maddest of ideas - that they wed for familial gain. That she had schooled him like Antipodean Aphrodite was a quiet bonus.

31 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She, Her
Height: 5'3
Alias: BlackAck

The bubbles of her cocktail tickled her tongue causing her to giggle. Oh this party was a welcome treat for her after the mess her family was in. She nodded demurely at whatever topic of conversation was being discussed. It wasn't anything young Olivia was interested in. In fact, she kept looking past her immediate gaggle of party guests, scanning the room for the presence of a particular eligible gentleman:

Thorne Culpepper