Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] In Constant Sorrow, All Through His Days [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

How could he not agree to anything and everything Edmund asked of him. He took his hands into his and kissed them delicately. "Any time you want me, I'm yours." He said before letting him go to get out. He grabbed the extra towel and moved it over his hair.

"Sorry..." he offered a smile to the girl and let her into the room. As soon as the door was shut though, he'd sat on the bed the girl hadn't occupied and looked up at Edmund. "I'll stay as long as you like me too. But it is lats and eventually you and your sister will need to sleep. And you do need to take care of her first. "

He reached out his hand, to take the other's hand or whatever he'd offer him. "But, any time you feel stressed or upset. You can come see me. I always have time for you. And I will do all I can to cheer you up." He flashed a smile as he wanted his lips back on him. And he could promise the other man time, it's the one thing he had
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: WOW!
Height: 5'4"
Alias: tomato

Mable was quiet as she passed Francis into the bathroom, not sparing the man a glance.  It might have raised some flags in her brother if it were any other day, if he were sober, if his lips didn't still tingle with the memory of his friend's.

Edmund sat next to Francis on the bed with a sigh, looking down at their hands wrapped in each other.  So warm.  He smiled up at Francis, admiring his eyes.

"Okay."  He'd never had someone so dedicated to him so quickly.  Actually, he'd never had someone so dedicated to him, period.  His whole life, all he's had was Mable, and it was always Edmund that had been dedicated to her.  It felt nice, to know he had someone in his circle.

If it weren't for their conversation at the bar earlier, Edmund might have suspected Francis was an angel.  But he doubted angel's often cursed their own gods, which only meant that Francis was a human.  Just to prove it to himself, Edmund leaned against him, and sure enough, felt him as present as he's feel the ground.

"I'm here too," he said, face pressed against the others arm.  "I may be doing other things, but for you... when you need me, I'm yours.  Just come find me."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis noticed the silence and how she ignored his presence. He doubted she'll change any time soon around him so he gave a defeated shrug before sitting with Edmund.

He entwined their fingers together and rest his head against the other's. "Be careful, I might never leave hour side. " He joked but with a tenderness in his inflection. He closed his eyes for a moment and brushed his thumb over the other man's knuckles. "I am so glad I found you tonight. Or you found me. However you want to think of it." He smiled weakly and closed his eyes. "I can't remember the last time I was happy like this."
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

"We found each other, I think," Edmund whispered.  His own eyes were open, looking at the wall in front of him but seeing nothing.  He squeezed Francis' hand.

"I don't know if I've ever been happy in my life," he confessed.  "I've just been living.  But with you, right now - I'm happy now."

What was happiness, really?  Was it just laughing, smiling?  Edmund had thought so before, but now he wasn't so sure.  What was that compared to laughing and smiling with Francis?

Was Francis happiness?

Yes, Edmund's mind whispered, and he believed it.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

He let go of his hand to slip it around his shoulders and draw him closer. "That's a shame."

He pulled back a little and used his free hand to take Edmund's chin to have him face him. "You're too good for me. And you deserve all the happiness in the world. "
Something seemed to come over him and he took a deep breath.

"We've both had an uneasy life and I've done some bad things. Maybe you have too. " the baton taking was not even close to what he was thinking. "If you ever want to tell me or ask. I will. All that matters between us to me, is now and the future. Okay?"
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Edmund was happy to look at Francis' face, bask in his words until he took a breath and continued.  At nothing, he flinched, averting his eyes completely.

He didn't want to think about his past, and bad things, and he most certainly didn't want to tell Francis about it.  What would he think?  Probably that Edmund is unforgivable, and he'd be right.

But... he couldn't bring himself to say no to Francis.

"I won't ask you anything," he said, eyes still averted, "and I won't tell you anything unless - unless you ask, and you really want to know.  I don't care about what you've done.  I just care about you.  Nothing in your past will change that."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis looked curious then understanding. He stroked his hand and kissed his knuckles. "Then we are new and our past is another life. It has nothing to do with us. Do not let your old troubles haunt you."

He smiled and leaned forward to let his forehead rest against Edmund's. "Just let me linger in your presence for as long as you'll have me." His voice was barely a whisper, yet he yearned for the other to listen and draw him into his world. As strange and complicated as it appeared to be.
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

If only it were as easy as to just not let his past haunt him, when it felt like the ghost of his father followed him everywhere.  Over his shoulder and in his blood.  Edmund lifted his eyes to Francis, and then the other man was all he could see.  His whisper was all he could hear, the warmth from his breath and skin all he could feel.

Without a word, Edmund lifted his arms and drooped them over Francis' shoulder and pulled him closer still.  His head fell beside the others and he couldn't help but nuzzle against him.

When was the last time he'd hugged someone, properly?  Edmund couldn't remember.

"Francis," he mumbled, nothing following the name except a smile.  "Francis."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis rarely knew what to expect from most people, but he was getting Edmund, at least he thought he was. This small portion of his life, the man was easy to read.

He allowed himself to be pulled close and he returned the gesture. His arms weren't big but they were stronger than they appeared. Holding him close made him feel so warm and he loved nuzzling the man. He wanted to rub his back or touch his hair to help soothe him, whatever seeped into his skin and made him so alone in the world. The desire not to change things was stronger, so he held him close and listened to his voice say his name so beautifully like it was a desperate prayer.
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

It was so easy to just hold Francis, and be held by him, and ignore everything else.  Behind his closed eyes, the hotel room didn't even exist, and all Edmund felt was warm and happy and good.

Of course he would not be able to linger there as long as he wanted to.

The bathroom door creaked open and Mable stepped out.  Edmund turned to look at her, his arms dropping, but he remained against the man.  Her hair was dry.

She just stared at them, her face still carefully blank.  Edmund wanted to turn back into his friend's neck and ignore her, but he couldn't bring himself to actually do it.

"I'm going to bed," she announced to them, her eyes moving to Francis.  "You should leave."

Edmund clicked his tongue.  "Mable, don't be rude."