Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Letter to Tristan Wells

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

__ August 1895, __ Flowergate, Whitby

Dear Dr. Witaker,

Thank you for your letter. I was very glad indeed to learn that you are offering these poor women medical assistance. I cannot begin to imagine the horrors they must have suffered and yet they continue to be scorned by so many who see their good fortune as their own accomplishment. I hope I do not speak too freely if I say that your compassion and defiance of stigma in the matter bespeaks a strength and nobility of character that I hope will be a source of healing to both injured parties.

The condition of Mrs. Carrington as you describe it is deeply troubling. I am humbled that you esteem me skilled enough involve me, but I would be irresponsible if I did not immediately seek to temper your expectations. Illnesses of the mind and soul are indeed my speciality, but trauma to the brain - if that is what we are talking about - is very difficult to cure. Other conditions that might explain your patient's symptoms have an even gloomier prognosis. (I needn't advise a man of your experience not to tell Mrs. Carrington this while she is in such a delicate state.) That said, I am eager to do what I can to help her, and if my expertise is insufficient, I will do what I can to find her a more experienced doctor.

If you are not otherwise engaged, might I invite you for dinner at 7 tomorrow night to discuss the case?

Yours respectfully,
Tristan Wells

Messages In This Thread
A Letter to Tristan Wells - by Donald S Witaker - 05-21-2022, 02:37 PM
RE: A Letter to Tristan Wells - by Tristan Wells - 05-28-2022, 08:29 AM