Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Letter to Tristan Wells

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

Dr. Wells,

I have recently taken on the Diamond Pony to treat all the staff there as a way of helping those who'd been victimized by one, Magnus Carrington. In doing this, I have become acquainted with the wife of the man who murdered my wife, and she is in a state of health that worries me. You see, not only am I trying to treat her current condition, her being pregnant with at least two children that I could tell, but not only that, she is living with a severe scar on the back of her skull that rendered her senseless about her past.

Sonia Carrington has no memories of her early childhood, doesn't know her true identity, and I believe it has affected her in many ways where she doesn't share the same logic as normal people... she is childlike in her innocence despite her pregnancy and profession speaking otherwise.

In short, I believe she might need your expertise for her mind and perhaps we can both monitor her condition as far as her pregnancy goes, as she seems to be fragile both mentally and physically.

If nothing else, what kind of advice would you give for a case such as this?

Sincerely,
Doctor Donald S. Witaker

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

__ August 1895, __ Flowergate, Whitby

Dear Dr. Witaker,

Thank you for your letter. I was very glad indeed to learn that you are offering these poor women medical assistance. I cannot begin to imagine the horrors they must have suffered and yet they continue to be scorned by so many who see their good fortune as their own accomplishment. I hope I do not speak too freely if I say that your compassion and defiance of stigma in the matter bespeaks a strength and nobility of character that I hope will be a source of healing to both injured parties.

The condition of Mrs. Carrington as you describe it is deeply troubling. I am humbled that you esteem me skilled enough involve me, but I would be irresponsible if I did not immediately seek to temper your expectations. Illnesses of the mind and soul are indeed my speciality, but trauma to the brain - if that is what we are talking about - is very difficult to cure. Other conditions that might explain your patient's symptoms have an even gloomier prognosis. (I needn't advise a man of your experience not to tell Mrs. Carrington this while she is in such a delicate state.) That said, I am eager to do what I can to help her, and if my expertise is insufficient, I will do what I can to find her a more experienced doctor.

If you are not otherwise engaged, might I invite you for dinner at 7 tomorrow night to discuss the case?

Yours respectfully,
Tristan Wells

171 Posts
6 Threads

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'10"

There was only a card this time that read:

"I shall take you up on your invitation." -Dr. D.S. Witaker.