Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] what lies beneath the surface [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

80 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'3"

"She taught me how to sew and cook, do the domestic things I actually quite enjoy doing... And you know you don't need to drop hints, Pony, she adores you already for some weird reason," she smiled when she said that and reached out to touch his arm. "No, really... thank you." And she smiled a genuine, toothy smile. "I had better put this in the cart... Here... You pick out dinner and I will make it. Let's see how great you can haggle." She offered him the remainder of the budget. This was the first time she'd splurged on a few things, so the food budget was a little tighter than intended. "What do you say?" There was laughter dancing warmly in her eyes as she issued the challenge. Would he accept?
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony looked confused as she handed him the money. He cracked a small nervous smile. "I don't know what I need. How about I help you put it up, since I have the key. And then you help me pick out what's needed for dinner? I want something filling. And I trust you and your grandmother. You both haven't let me down yet." He grinned as he took the bolt from her so she wouldn't have to carry as much. "Maybe you can give me pointers in shopping. Sound fair?" There was hope she'd accept but he had some optimism that she would be willing to. It was far from their first meeting when she treated him like the most uncaring and self centered being in the universe.

80 Posts
3 Threads

"Okay..." she said, her smile dimming only a little, but not in a bad way. After they put it away, there was enough money that she was able to get the things to make shepherd's pie. She was able to haggle to get the lamb for less money because she would butcher the cut into mince, herself. "I am doing the hard part instead of you for this one. Besides, Mister Carmichael, I know a place that could use your help feeding people that can help make you a very rich man." And she wasn't bullshitting, she really would do this favor. She lowered her voice, "I heard that the owner of the Diamond Pony is seeking a butcher to bring in better food for the courtesans. And I happen to speak to the kitchen staff who are fed up with..." and Bruce Carmichael was interested.

She walked away with the lamb for a steal, making it possible for her to get all the trimmings comfortably, and the rest of the ingredients for the pie.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony let her do the speaking and when they left the butcher shop, he was grinning huge. "you are quite a clever shopper. Are you sure you need my helping selling pies?" He laughed slightly as he walked with her and then bowed, somewhat for fun, to let her onto the wagon after putting the food safely away inside. "Is there anything else you want to do before going home and starting to cook?" He knew they couldn't dawdle too long with the lamb already purchased, but she didn't seem to have a lot of free time out like this and he wanted her to make the most of it.

80 Posts
3 Threads

She looked to the cart and then back to him. "You want to take the long way back?" Her head tilted as she peered at her friend. "I had a lovely time though. Even if it is just shopping." She got up on the cart with his help and waited for him to join her. "It's a beautiful day out and seems like a shame not to go that way. She reached out and touched his arm without thinking about it, and then when she realized it, she snatched it away and placed it firmly in her own lap.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony was curious about her wanting to go the long way. There was nothing wrong with it at all, it was very scenic and easy going. He nodded and after joining her, he grabbed the reins, "Sure, we'll go that way. It has a beautiful view." He then felt her hand on his arm and before he could glance down, it was gone. He didn't say or react for the moment, but there was a question in his mind.

"Come on, Jenny..' He said to his animal friend and as they rode off, and it was just the two of them, he looked at her briefly. "So .. what's on your mind? You seem.. I don't know. Like you've something going on..."

80 Posts
3 Threads

"I don't know what you are referring to," she murmured, playing it off that she touched his arm. "I am just happy to be outside. It's a good day." And she meant that, at least. Her lips quirked and she looked at him then.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony watched her from the corner of his eye for a long moment. "Alright, if you say so. I will believe you completely. And it is a very beautiful day." He looked around and let the donkey decide the pace which was a slow one, but not so slow that it felt more like a leisurely stroll than actually traveling. "I hope we get more days like this. "

80 Posts
3 Threads

"Me too." And then she gave a yawn from all that she had done. Making pies, going to market, and soon cooking dinner after a busy day was beginning to wear on her. "Excuse me, goodness."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony offered her his shoulder. "Rest your head. I'll wake you when we get back. Jenny's a smooth ride. If you can't, I can open the back and you rest on my bed until we get there. I don't mind." Of course he felt something about her sleeping in his bed but he knew it was better not to think on that.