Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] what lies beneath the surface [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

80 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'3"

She liked the excuse to be able to see him as well but he probably wouldn't be aware of that until the lass was ready to tell him. So she agreed to go with him to market, "Alright, let's go after I finish this pie, the coals are nearly out anyway." She smiled and then would turn away from him to finish cleaning up the mess she had made, not asking him for anything but company in the meantime...

Later, after the pie was being cooled, she was ready to go. She said, "There, that should do it." That pie could cool in transit if he decided to take them at that moment. She'd be glad to pack them up ig he chose to.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'11"

Pony nodded and helped her clean with insistence. He then left the pie to fully cool and headed to the door. "I bet Jenny was starting to get restless. She needs a good walk or two every day. The journey from your home to town does the job well."

He smiled and waited for her before making sure Jenny was secured to the wagon and began to go once she was on.

80 Posts
3 Threads

She got up next to him gladly. As they started to plod along, she started to hum in a cheerful manner, though kept it low so it wouldn't be annoying. Every now and again, she would stop and ask him a question or make a comment about something. "What do you think about jams? Perhaps I can start doing those too."

By the time they got to the market, she was already on the edge of her seat. The market was one of her favorite places to be.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony started along and enjoyed her humming but was worried mentioning it would make the woman self conscious. She hadn't seemed as fiery as she did the first two times they had met, and while he missed it he figured it was because she had been on guard and was now relaxed in his presence.

The question had his attention as he glanced over. "Eh? Jams sounds wonderful. I like a nice jam spread thin on bread. How about yourself?"

He laughed at her excitement and got the cart to stop when they were close enough so she could get off. "I'm going to get her settled and tied down someplace close by. You look around and have fun."

80 Posts
3 Threads

"I love jams and jellies. I just want to sell sweets in general I think."

She smiled as he said what he said and nodded. "Alright," She left him to do what he was doing and she went toward the nearest stall where she would eye the fabric longingly. One day, she would get to wear silk, she thought, and it wouldn't be because she earned it on her back. Nope. Though the courtesans were making more money than she was, she was not about to cross over to that dark side of life unless, and this was a big unless, something happened to where she had no choice whatsoever. She hoped it never came to that.

She turned away from the fabric, heading toward the next booth where she would wait for Pony to catch up.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony nodded appreciatively. "Well, nothing wrong with not having a preference. Leaves you open to possibilities." He shrugged and when she left, he tied up Jenny and made sure the wagon was locked up. He patted his animal friend and made sure she had water and food where she was before he walked off to find Virginia.

He slipped up behind her to look over her shoulder. "So what're you looking at?" He asked casually.

80 Posts
3 Threads

She nearly leapt out of her skin when he came up behind her like that. "Pony!" she laughed and put her hand over her chest. "I was expecting you, but you still startled me." She chuckled and then turned back toward what she was looking at. "I am not a vain creature at all, but every once in a while, I get to where I want to look at baubles just because they are pretty." She gestured toward one in particular that was modest but pretty and would look lovely around her throat. "But I would never buy such a thing unless I knew that I could still eat the next week." She also gestured toward the pretty purple fabric that would look lovely on her as well. "I could get the funds easily enough, but I don't wish to work for it on my back. That wouldn't be the kind of life I'd want in trade for pretty things."
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony couldn't help but laugh at her surprise. "Didn't mean to startle you!" He rest his head on her shoulder to look at the items. "Nothing wrong with liking pretty things and all."

He looked at the price of the one she liked. It was more than someone who needed money should by but it wasnr expensive at all. He reached over and plucked it up and went to pay for it. His savings he had were going to waste anyway. "Here. For your pies." He said to her with a smile before getting it.

"A promise you'll let me try any new flavors or types you make." He asked as he held it out for her. He immediately added. "It's just a gift, I swear. No other intentions or secret meanings." He didn't want her to think he was being a bastard who tried to gift his way into a woman's heart.

80 Posts
3 Threads

She blinked when he went and got the bolt of fabric that she wanted. Her mouth opened, then closed. She was speechless for a moment. Nobody had ever bestowed any kind of gift like that to her. Was he wooing her, she wondered? He said there were no hidden agendas when he offered the gift... well... except for the pies. Then she was fighting a smile. "I shouldn't..." But she would. Ginnie took the soft fabric and decided it would make a fine frock indeed. Then she decided she would buy trimmings. "There is enough fabric here, I can probably make something for grandmother too... Thank you..." She shelled out money for some silver cord, needle and thread, et cetera... She bit her lip and shelled out half the money she came with. She decided she wouldn't mind dating the man... Far be it for her to say that out loud, however. She wouldn't just hand her heart over on a whim, but she would enjoy spending time with him, finding out whether they'd be good for each other or not.
Conman

464 Posts
5 Threads

Pony looked at her with a curious glance and smirked. "Of course you shouldn't. But I insist." He looked happier when she took it and got a few extra things. "Well, if you make it for grandmother, I hope she really likes it. Maybe I can use it to my advantage. I'll just have to see if I can mention buying it so she might let me come over for dinner once or twice."He said in thought. It was mostly in fun, but she was a really good cook.

"No need to thank me. It makes you happy, that's all I needed." He said more honestly and happily let her take her time to look around in case she needed anything else. "I don't know the first thing about sewing or any of that. But I'm thrilled to see whatever you make with it. It looks lovely enough, I guess." He shrugged helplessly.