Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Promise Is a Promise [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

191 Posts
9 Threads

"I don't need an ear." Ruth snapped. Lucy looked up startled and began to cry. "I need money!" Ruth continued over the wailing. "And a roof over our heads. And someone to mind the bairns. Someone more responsible than James. Oh, speakin' of that..." she raised her voice further. "Yer colleague is a bastard! The one that looks like the weasel 'e is!"
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah was startled and stared at her. "Why are you yelling at me? I am giving you a roof while I try to help find you something more permanent. I'm sorry I don't have a lot of money to give you to help. I'm trying to help see if I can find a job that you could do for money. And I'm going to try to find someone to help watch your kids. I'm doing all I can, Ruth. And I'm sorry about Constable Roberts. He wasn't like this back in York. He is only here temporary. I can have a talk with him and try to get him to leave you alone, alright?"

191 Posts
9 Threads

Being called out for shouting at him only made her feel worse. "I wasn't shoutin'! I was just trying to be 'eard over 'er!" she defended herself. "Shush..." she rocked Lucy. Then Sam began to cry as well and Ruth felt very tempted to shout at him as well. Ugh. She really needed a drink. "Thanks." She said. Perhaps she could just leave them here with Crane and move town. She was very tempted to do it right now. Lucy wouldn't stop crying. "I said shush!"

The baby cried louder.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Eljiah instantly held out his arms to take Lucy and tried to give the girl the bottle. "Why don't you step outside and get some fresh air, Ruth? I think a little quiet and a chance to stretch out would help." He didn't even consider what people would think if they saw a woman with a black eye leaving his home. He was just trying to help her out as he offered the boy some scrambled egg. "Here, eat up. You want to get big and strong.'

191 Posts
9 Threads

Oh thank God. Ruth gladly handed Lucy to Crane and stood up. "Thanks," she said and she hurried out before she'd scream. Once outside the realized that maybe she should have taken her bag. But that would have been suspicious.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked unbothered as she left and he tried to feed both kids and have his own breakfast and get ready for work. Diane was not happy at the kids and so he let her out as well. He was trying to get dressed when he realized she hadn't been back yet. He looked out the window and frowned when he didn't see her there.
The Diamond Pony

159 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"

Lory was dolled up for a stroll (and careful not to get too close to Elijah’s place) when she saw a sight hurrying toward her that made her heart leap with joy! Ruth! Oh, how she missed Ruth!

Her smile immediately dropped when she took in her swollen face.

“Ruth!” she gasped. “What did he do to you?”

191 Posts
9 Threads

"L-" Oh God. She vaguely remembered being angry with Lory but she didn't remember why. How annoying. "Lory, what, him?" she looked back at Crane's house. "Oh, no it wasn't Crane. It's..." she looked back at Lory. "Oh that's right, ye wrote that shit about 'im, didn't ye?"
The Diamond Pony

159 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"

She was rather disappointed, but one of these days she was bound to catch him in the act, she was certain!

Lory’s brows hiked at the [true] accusation, and she took out a fancy little fan as she mustered a confused look.

“Language, Ruth. Who on earth did this to you?”

191 Posts
9 Threads

Ugh Wards. Always there to judge. She had had at least a suspicion of what Lory was up to when they were younger and she still lived in Whitby. Who was Lory to judge her for some bad language?

"Some man." She didn't need more Ward hypocrisy. "Where'd you get that dress?" she nodded. "And that fan?"