Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Promise Is a Promise [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

191 Posts
9 Threads

Elijah's sleep was interrupted several times that night by a crying baby.

Early that morning, there was some huffing and shuffling at the sitting room's door.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah was tired, but he had been able to fall asleep fast enough. He knocked lightly before opening the door. "Ruth? I hope you slept alright. I heard Lucy sounding like she'd had a little trouble. I can see if I can find someone who wouldn't mind me borrowing a crib or something if it'll help her sleep better?" he offered. "And what would you like for breakfast?"

191 Posts
9 Threads

Little Sam stepped back when the door opened. He had been trying to reach the doorknob.

Ruth slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes. Lucy began to cry again. "Aye, she does that... If ye can. She's used..." She yawned. "She's used to sleepin' in the bed with me."

"Sam wants bekfast." Sam said quietly.

"What do ye 'ave?" asked Ruth. She picked Lucy up and rocked her.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded and looked down at the boy he glanced back to Ruth quickly. "I'll see what I can do today so she can rest better." He knelt down to Sam and smiled. "How about.. a little bread with honey and..." He seemed in thought though he was already getting it prepared. "Maybe I have some eggs left I can cook up. Sound like a good breakfast?" He said it to Ruth as well, but wanted the kid to feel heard and important as well.

191 Posts
9 Threads

"Aye!" the boy shouted, jumping up and down at the thought of such an elaborate breakfast. There was a terrible smell coming from him though.

Ruth slowly got off the bed and started putting her shoes back on. The injured side of her face had swollen overnight and she could barely open her left eye. She cursed under her breath when her shoelaces didn't work along either. "Aye, that sounds good, thanks."

Lucy meanwhile rolled over, and again, and again, dangerously close to the edge of the bed.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked at Ruth in worry as he moved to pick up Lucy carefully. "Ah, I think you should use the water closet first.."He said to Sam. Could he use it? He didn't know his exact age, but glanced to Ruth in question. He also wanted to get her something for that swelling. "I'll get you a cold cloth , it might not help but it might feel better. Are you sure you don't want a doctor?"

191 Posts
9 Threads

Ruth only noticed the danger Lucy was in when Elijah picked her up. She frowned and looked over at Sam, but finished lacing her shoes first. "Doctor will just tell me to use a cold cloth or sum't, won't 'e? But sum't to cool it would be great, thank ye." She got up and walked over to Sam. The smell hit her before she reached him. "I told ye to tell me when ye 'ave to use t' privy, damn it!" she shouted. Sam began to cry.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah gave Ruth a small smile. "I am sure it was just a mistake and he was thinking more about food. Maybe he also didn't want to wake you. You were up so late last night." He patted the boy's head lightly. "It'll be ok buddy. By the time your mom is finished, I'll have some delicious breakfast waiting for you both. How does that sound?"
He looked up at Ruth. "If you want to wash up as well, you can. I unfortunately don't have any clothing to change into. But we will just do our best, alright?" He rocked Lucy lightly to hopefully keep her entertained and calm. "Lucy can help me in the kitchen." He said lightly hoping to help Ruth feel better.

191 Posts
9 Threads

"Fine... 'ave ye got a bucket and some water to soak..." she nodded at the boy. Then she went to find a spare set of underthings for the boy, and took him to the privy, still telling him off and cursing.

The little girl was quiet, but then found entertainment in putting her little fingers in Elijah's nose and ears.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah couldn't tell her how to parent, but he felt bad for the boy. He still got her the bucket and water, he also got a cool cloth for her face for when she was finished. He laughed lightly and batted away the curious fingers of the other child while he took her to the kitchen. He carefully held her with one arm while he got the stove going and a pan.

"I don't know how parents do this." He said to her allowed and handed her a small mouse shaped cushion that his cat liked to play with but might work for the girl as well.