Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] A Promise Is a Promise [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

191 Posts
9 Threads

That wiped the grin right off her face. Desperate, was he!? Bloody desperate! But he had turned her down?! What did that make her in his opinion!? Oh, a child? That was nonsense. Lory was her age! They had been friends growing up! But oh no, Lory was alright for Crane! Pretty Lory, who had always acted like she was destined for greater things. Thought she was better, like Rose. She was a Ward after all.

Ruth bit her tongue and grimaced. "Well ye kind of had it comin', messin' with Lory. What's she doin' with 'er life anyway? Still showing her tits for breadcrumbs?"

Because clearly Ruth had the moral high ground.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Elijah noticed her expression change. He shook his head wanting to clear up whatever it was she was thinking.

"Again, I didn't know it was Lory. I hadn't recognized her. All I know is... if she was answering my ad, she knew I wasn't going to.. you know.. be a loving husband. She didn't care that I wouldn't give her children or anything. So it didn't really matter who it was with as long as they knew what it was. And.." He was sort of certain he knew. She was at the Pony after all. Could he say so?

He shrugged helplessly. "I can't say for certain."

191 Posts
9 Threads

"Ye really ought to be smarter about who ye tell that kind of stuff to." Ruth commented, her tone a little cooler than it had been before. "Didn't they lock that chap up? The one the article was referin' to?"

She lowered the cloth from her face. It wasn't cool anymore. She shrugged. "Anyway. I didn't think Lory would still be 'ere. Always acted like she was goin' places. I suppose 'er life turned out quite a disappointment then. That's what ye should tell 'er. And that that's why she'd do somethin' so pathetic."

Lory wasn't special.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah looked a bit pathetic as he didn't have an answer. "I .. just put it in the ad. I wanted to be honest . I never wanted a woman to meet with me thinking the wrong thing. I don't want to hurt anyone or disappoint them. " He looked away nervously and nodded. "Yeah he was." She was right. He should have been more careful, but he honestly hadn't thought people would think such a thing, but considering what had happened and with Zechariah reading him like an open book. It was foolish of him.

Elijah noticed her lower the cloth and held out his hand to take it. "Do you want me to run cool water on it again?" He offered and looked towards her and smiled weakly. "That is a good idea. Maybe I will..." Would he be able to? He suppose he'd have to wait and see how she acted towards him.

191 Posts
9 Threads

Crane was a fool. A kind fool, most of the time, when he wasn't shielding fishermen, but a fool. A useful fool perhaps.

"Nah, I'll go to bed," she said and she turned. But then she turned again. "Yer a constable, damn it. Ye know ye could make 'er life very 'ard."
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah nodded to her as he turned to let her go to bed. He glanced over and smiled weakly. "I don't want to take advantage of people. Even those that hurt me. Thank you for the advice though. I hope you have a pleasant night. If you need me, I'll be in the next room." He nodded to her and turned to leave them to their sleep.

191 Posts
9 Threads

"You use to to protect people from justice..." she commented dryly.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Elijah paused and turned to her looking confused. "What?"

191 Posts
9 Threads

She rolled her eyes, but it hurt her left eye socket. "You know what. Ben Ward. Good night." And now it was her turn to walk away.
Constable

3,154 Posts
26 Threads

Oh.

"I'm sorry.." He said and turned, closing the door so they'd have their peace and laid on the sofa, pulling up a blanket over himself and went to sleep.