Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mable might have known the affect her smiling face and joyful pleas had on the people around her, or she might not have.  Either way, she laughed, so obviously delighted at getting her way and followed Father Brennan back to the bridge and beside it.

She took the arm offered to her and used it first to balance as she took of her boots and set them aside, already knowing they'd take longer than a night to dry thoroughly.  The girl's socks, mismatched and discolored, followed before she stepped into the water.

"Oh!" she exclaimed, but not unhappily.  "The water is cold!"

That fact did not stop Mable from taking another careful step deeper into the water, letting it run over her feet and ankles in an almost soothing fashion.  The rocks were indeed slippery, but Mable tested each step before committing and used her handhold on Father Brennan when she thought she'd fall, but even that was barely needed.

"There was a small creek on the farm back home," she said meanwhile.  "It was not very deep, but me and my brother would go in all the time.  To bathe and wash out clothes or refresh ourselves if we'd been out long.  He always said there were fish too, but I never saw one."

It had been so long since she'd been able to dip her feet into water like this.  They never had time on their way to New York, and then they'd been on a boat for who knows how long, and then the road again... Oh, she had missed this very much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer - by Mable Reynolds - 05-13-2022, 02:44 PM