Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mr. Brennan's offer was appreciated, even if Mable couldn't express it at the moment.  Once the man was facing forward, Mable returned her gaze once again to the river, still frowning.

Oh how she regretted her words now that they had left her mouth.  Even if she hadn't given anything away, her answer was more than suspicious.  She hoped Mr. Brennan wouldn't tell anyone else, or ask her brother for further details.  Not even her imagination could come up with what would happen in that scenario.

There was a pause following the man's question as Mable thought carefully about how to word her answer.  It was an easy one, but she wanted to make sure she wouldn't say anything else that would make Mr. Brennan more worried than he already was.

"From the time I was a baby, we were very close," she said slowly.  "My brother raised me."

There was more she wanted to say, there always was, but she didn't want to have to deflect any more questions.  The idea of Mr. Brennan having a brother intrigued her, though, and she was reminded of her thought just before.

"What's your brothers name, sir?  And do you have any other family?  You called yourself a father before, do you have kids of your own?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer - by Mable Reynolds - 05-12-2022, 08:00 PM