Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mable was too occupied in her excitement about her new hat and the walk by the river to notice anything amiss with Mr. Brennan, and laughed as he stepped out the door.  Her eyes tightened just slightly at the way the man referred to her brother, but the expression disappeared as quick as it came when she was asked about her home state.

"Oh, Mr. Brennan, it is wonderful," she said with reverence, a hand splayed out on her chest.  "Where I grew up was, at least.  My brother and I were raised on a farm, if you could call it that - lots of open land and not much else.  Our dad didn't care for the manution - manu - manufacturing business, or large towns, so we had to make so with what was local.  It was hot in the summer and cold in the winter, though that's true for any place I guess.  Oh, but right at the edge of our land, there was the most beautiful mountain range.  It faded blue like the sky in the distance, and every morning the sun rose up right over it.  It was an amazing thing."

There were so many good memories about her home, and they all came flooding back with just one simple question.  There were just as many bad memories too, of course, but Mable kept those stories to herself.

"There was no shortage of trees to climb on our land, and I'm actually very skilled at doing so now!  
My brother and I would spend much of the day outside playing, and many of the nights too, if weather permitted.  And good thing we did!  I'm sure we would have had a hard time getting comfortable enough to sleep on the road if it weren't for all those years of practice."

Of course, they're reason for staying out so long was more than not wanting games to end, but.  Mr. Brennan didn't need to know that.  Mable wanted Pennsylvania to sound alluring, not... well, anyway.

"I'm not surprised that my brother didn't tell you about our home, but it does make me sad.  He's quite tight lipped, isn't he?  No worries, though, that's what I'm here for!  What a pair, us two - he talks too little, and me too much.  Enough about my home, though!  Where did you come from?  What made you come here?  I'm sure you must have some interesting stories!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer - by Mable Reynolds - 05-11-2022, 07:57 PM