Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

It was discreet and so easy to miss, but a part of Mable did relax when the tall man took a step away from the door.  It was such a small thing that most didn't think to do, but Mr. Brennan had.  It reminded her of the attentive nature of her brother, and she forgave the man in her mind for his harsh knocking just a moment ago.

More obvious was her relief that he had not come looking for anything, and was just checking in on her and her brother.  It was another small yet kind gesture many men wouldn't have thought about, but this one did.  Oh, Mable was beginning to like him.

"The room is very nice, sir!  My brother said you paid for it yourself - thank you so much!  It was so kind of you.  I haven't slept in a proper bed since, ah, well.  Since I was in the United States!  Not to mention the food - oh, I'm sorry, would you like to come in?"

Mable opened the door wider and stepped aside to welcome the man, glancing back into the room for something to offer him, a drink or something to eat, but of course she found nothing.  The only thing resembling food in the room was her pebble-potato picture lying on the napkin by the far wall, and while the girl was proud of it, even she could not convince herself that it was appetizing.

"I'm not sure how much you heard about me last night, I apologize for being such poor company!"  Not that Mr. Brennan would care, hopefully.  She had been quite tired.  "I'll do my best to make up for it now, though.  Would you like a tour of the room?  Would you like me to take you coat and hat?"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer - by Mable Reynolds - 05-11-2022, 02:07 AM