Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer [Hotels, Pubs, and Accommodations]
Banned

235 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'0"
Alias: tomato

Mable's efforts had just started to pay off, her carefully thrown pebbles forming what she thought looked quite similar to a potato appearing on the napkin - or maybe the depiction of a larger pebble.  It changed depending on which way the girl tilted her head - when a solid knock came at the door.

The sound of it was not her brother, she knew immediately.  He would never knock so loudly when he knew Mable was in the room.

They both startled too easily.

Less than a second later, a voice came, and though Mable did not recognize it, the name she did.  Brennan, the man her brother had met the night before, and who had paid for their hotel room.  What was he doing here?

Unsure of what else to do, Mable stood and opened the door to greet the man.  She had another surprise as she did so, this one coming in the staggering height of the stranger.

"Oh," she could not help but say, tilted her head up and down to take in the dark clothes and brimmed hat this Brennan wore.  Her brother had said he was a priest, and Mable was not raised religious, and that was probably a good thing.  If she walked into a church and saw a man dressed like this, she would not be able to contain her amusement.

The current situation was a very different one, though, and Mable cleared her throat to collect herself.

"Hello Mr. Brennan!  I'm sorry, but my brother isn't here right now.  It's just me - my name is Mable.  Was there something you needed?"

Oh, what if he came to ask for compensation for the price of their room?  They did not have any money, not yet.  Her brother had mentioned staying for a bit to work, but Mable doubted he'd found a job and earned enough to cover a place as nice as this.  Maybe she could distract the man with her charming personality until her brother returned and fought him off.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Friends Close, And The Father Closer - by Mable Reynolds - 05-11-2022, 01:18 AM