[Complete] [CW] Before The Light Goes Out [Streets, Yards, and Homes]
Banned

133 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Plotter: WOW!
Height: 5'4"
Alias: tomato

If the Father was put off by Edmund's short answers, he did not show it, and the boy was grateful for that.  He was doing his best not to lie, exactly, but dance around the unattractive truth he was sure Father Brennan would not approve of.  And it seemed his small amount of honestly were appreciated and returned in kind, alongside discreet smiles and jokes Edmund bit his cheek to keep from smiling too widely in response to.  He'd never imagined a priest could run out of faith, but if there was ever a thing that took too much of it, Edmund agreed that a ship was exactly it.

Remaining sick far after coming back on land was something Edmund resonated with as well, and he nodded deeply at the man's mention of it.

"If I never have to get on a ship again, it'll be too soon."

More vigilant now that he'd had some proper conversation to wake him, Edmund quickly followed Father Brennan's hands as they linked behind his back, but he did not feel as suspicious as he would have a few minutes before.  He glanced at the man's face as he was questioned further, and then continued his gaze ahead, not glancing back to the ring adorned hands again.

"No, we landed a few days ago, over in..."  Edmund trailed off, the town's name escaping him.  He shook his head.  "I can't recall the name.  Mable is better with things like that than I am, maps and signs and directions."  It certainly helps that she's able to read them, of course, but he's not comfortable enough yet to divulge that piece of information just yet.

"We're not looking for anything in particular, here or anywhere.  Just wandering.  Travelling.  Mable's always wanted to, so I thought..."  He took a breath.  What did he think?  Even now, he wasn't sure.  "I thought - we might as well.  No one left to stop us."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Before The Light Goes Out - by Edmund Reynolds - 05-09-2022, 10:45 PM