Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] The Ship Has Weather'd Every Rack [Harbor, Beach, and Sea]

497 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

Benny had returned from his first encounter with Rose, cheek still slightly pinkened. After looking over his shoulder multiple times to make sure none of her mob were following him, he sprinted across the pier. The thumping of his weight going across the strong old boards was like music to his ears. When he saw the ship, even if it hadn't been long, it felt like returning home. 

He rushed up the board to get on and nearly leaped the last step to land on the deck and looked around for his captain. "Oh Captain?!" His lip curled in uncertainty, about to cup his hands and shout louder, but he was sure the'd get a talking to about gathering attention when they were docked. He decided to quiet down and walk towards the entrance to the steps below deck and squinted at the darkness. "Captain, you down there? I took a look around the dock. Bunch of stupid small town fishermen and the like.'
Kim Bon-hwa
Silence and secrecy was how Bon-hwa liked the ship to be when they had to dock for whatever reason. Most of the crew didn't understand why he kept their past times a secret and made their land trips seem legal, but then again, they didn't understand the pain in the ass it was to replace a whole crew when they got hanged for being pirates.

So while they didn't understand, they still followed his orders... well almost all.

The captain had been in the back cabin of the under deck which he had claimed as his room and office, but during the day he left the small door open. The voice of his youngest crew member carried easily through the empty area and into the room.

"Language Benny, what if they hear ya?" He yelled back, and although his English was broken and heavily covered by his accent he had little doubt that the boy would have any trouble understanding.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny immediately lost his smile as he crept down quietly and walked towards the office. He leaned against the door frame. "They wouldn't hear. No one was that close and I wasn't that loud. I'll be more quiet though.." He sighed but looked up at him. "How long until we leave? I know the ship got a little damaged from that last storm. But this place is kinda bad. I mean, it's a small town so it seems easy enough to handle. Just.. I don't like the people. "He shrugged and looked up at the captain. He was the youngest but he'd been with the captain a long time, and the captain before. They were almost like family, and he would do anything for him. Besides, he admired the man before him for being great at what he did. "I also was wondering if you needed anything else?"
Kim Bon-hwa
"The cat shall always catch the mouse" was his only response as he looked up briefly from his maps to the boy in the door.

Why he had agreed to take on the boy from his friend, Bon wasn't sure. But he didn't regret it for a moment. Benny was now blood and perhaps the only one he would truly trust on his crew. But that didn't mean the boys youthful way of thinking and whining didn't get annoying.

"I have no plans on leaving" he responded and waved the boy over to look at the map. "The coast is a death trap to be sure. But there may be gold here... here... or here" he said while pointing to three points he had circled on the map. "I need information on the locations. Water depth, wave power, eyes. You know the the drill."

497 Posts
8 Threads

The news about staying made him wilt a little but he moved closer to the map to inspect it along side him. It was curious where he pointed at the map. Some possible spots were near the cliffs, a perfect hot spot if there was a problem with the light house. "Want me to cozy up to the old folks and get any rumors about old ships going down? They might have ideas. I can ask the fishermen about the shore. " He grinned looking like he felt rather clever. "Maybe I can pretend I want to try my hand at some crab traps while we are here."
Kim Bon-hwa
Bon-hwa nodded along to the the suggestions as he used his tools to work out some more possible locations. "Remeber, we are just a visiting lord ship" he responded when the boy finished. "Important to keep the story here... Not a word of this to the others until we are sure" he added with a frown. The last thing he needed was an angry crew if things didn't work out.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny smiled, delighted he was trusted with such a secret. "Of course sir! Even if they were to skin me alive, I'll never break your trust!" He said as he saluted him. His head slowly tilted to the side and he idly scratched his cheek. "Which Lord was it again, sir? Just to make sure my story's straight if anyone asks."

His eyes wandered to the corner. He knew somewhere in storage they had a number of flags, ready to raise any depending on the territory they'd land at. It was easy to get mixed up.
Kim Bon-hwa
"To keep matters simple and for less questions on the make of the ship we are using my real identity" he looked up at the boy once more. "Surely you know that one well enough?"

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny looked down as he shuffled his foot against the wooden floor and nodded. "Course I do.. But.. don't you worry.. one day someone will get wise and put a look out for when its being used? I mean.. not that it has. And you probably have a back up plan.. Still.." He didn't want to go against him. He knew the captain was far smarter than he.
Kim Bon-hwa
“Unless my parents see it fit I return, there is little worried of being tracked by it” he responded, attention returning to the map. “We are but a ship needing repairs.”