Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] What's Love Got to Do With Anything? [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

108 Posts
2 Threads

Pronouns: He/Him
Height: 6 feet
Alias: BlackAck

"As you wish, Miss." Nate answered. He moved into the room and produced a sealed envelope from his coat pocket. A letter opener magically appeared, and he used the point of the blade to crack the seal. There a single sheet of paper with immaculate, yet flowing handwriting. It was yellowed with age, having been written some time ago.

"This is the last Will and Testament of Constance Harlowe." He began, in case there was any doubt of who had died. His voice was clear and precise. "Being of sound mind and body, I bequeath all of my earthly belongings to one, Miss Amelia Mason, including the money, the lands, and home in which you are standing to read this will."

There it was, the final decision as to who got what. Given it was just staff here, they presumably did not expect much. Nate frowned.

"There's an additional clause here." He paused to decipher the writing, his eyes widened at what was written on the page. "I must apologise in advance for the language used by Miss Harlowe, but these are her words 'However, she must find someone to marry within 90 days of the date of the reading or the properties will be forfeit to my closest living relative, Magnus Carrington, who I must state that I'd rather rot in hell than let him have my lands. Please do everything in your power to make a sound and friendly match between my companion, Amelia, and a good man.'"

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's Love Got to Do With Anything? - by Nate Appleton - 03-23-2022, 02:09 PM