Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A New Chapter [Market, Shops, and Spas]

158 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Alias: BlackAck

Ellie nodded. Quite clean meant different things to different people. To the girl from the Cragg, it meant pristine and shining, her bed made and sheets taut. Perhaps it was because she had grown up surrounded by dirt, grime, and fishguts.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine brought up the final heavy box and started holding multiple objects, such as a spare umbrella and a hat rack that was deemed unnecessary as she already had hooks on the wall. "I am going to write my letter soon while we await the delivery men if you wish to continue cleaning here."

158 Posts
5 Threads

With a wet rag, Ellie wiped off the square panes of the window, so that they could do their job of letting light in. She would hang a curtain in due course. With some difficulty, Ellie opened her small window to the street, the tracks needed soap. Dull yellow light beams were transformed into a brilliant white flood of light. The breeze was wonderful, the gulls less so.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Luckily for Ellie, when she was brought in the day before, she'd been introduced where in the cupboard the cleaning supplies would be. Christine made it known that the supplies could be used as needed but would require letting her know when they were low, even if Ellie herself wanted to go out to buy more so she could give her the appropriate money for it.

158 Posts
5 Threads

Ellie set about polishing the small wardrobe that was mostly bare inside save an out of season coat. When they arrived, her dresses would hang in the wardrobe. There was a small painting propped up inside, it was a simple landscape scene, green fields, a river, there was a grand house in the center. Somewhere in England, presumably. The name scribbled in the corner said O. Swinburne. Ellie didn't know much about art.

"What should I do with this, Miss?"

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine walked over and tilted her head slowly. "Hm, I don't recall this painting, perhaps it was here before. Would you like me to put a nail in the wall and you can hang it?" She offered as she glanced to the girl. "Or I can hang it elsewhere if you don't want it in this room. It's a lovely enough painting."

158 Posts
5 Threads

Decorating her little room would bring a touch of home to a place long forgotten. "I think a paintin' would be nice." Ellie answered. She was hesitant to ask for yet something else from her when Christine had already given her so much. Yet, as the saying went 'for want of a nail'... "A nail would help, Miss."

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded and airily wandered off. She came back minutes later with an old dusty hammer and a nail that looked like it might have been knicked off an old piece of furniture or derelict construction.

"My tools could use a touch up. " She mused before shrugging and looked around. "Where would you like it? I think above where the bed would be or perhaps across from the window."

158 Posts
5 Threads

"Ooh. I think above the bed, Miss. Don't you?" Not that Ellie was an expert in decorating rooms.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine gave a nod and smiled. "I think that is a great idea for a picture. If we decide to change it, we will still have the nail there." She walked to the spot and stood up on her toes as she placed the nail high up on the wall so that it would not be too close to any headboard and began to swing the hammer, wincing at the noise as she did so each time.