Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A New Chapter [Market, Shops, and Spas]

158 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: She, Her
Alias: BlackAck

"It's no trouble, Miss. I'll do it right now." Ellie looked sadly at the shards of plates and porcelain dust."'ate for ye to slip and drop another box, Miss."

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine shrugged and waved a hand. "Guess it shows I should hold more dinner parties so it wasn't put away so far out of the way. I will replace it if I ever find a desire to have company for dinner. " She walked down slowly. "Are you sure? It was my fault that this mess was made."

158 Posts
5 Threads

"Absolutely, Miss." Ellie answered. "Sounds like a grand idea, Miss." The idea of a dinner party was exciting. Of course Ellie would probably have to serve as staff at such an event, rather than be a guest. There were rarely dinner parties in the Cragg, popping next door for the occasional shared jug of ale, an extra large fish shared between families.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded and looked rather delighted about it. "I mostly know a few upper class ladies who like to read, but I'm not sure how they feel about a dinner party. Maybe I can ask around." She mused curiously and shrugged. "I will keep an eye out. I do not wish to join other people for parties, because so many different types can drive me crazy."

158 Posts
5 Threads

Ellie was the type who could be friends with different types of people provided there was common interests to bind them together. For her friends Kate, and Anne it had been school and shared family roots in the Cragg. For others, Ellie might connect with mutual love of the performances on the stage or relaxing at one of the cheap dances.

"Ye 'ave to find the right people, Miss. People who ye can get along with."

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded and stood back to let her clean up the mess. "Of course, but it is so hard to find people that I'd get along with. Perhaps I could try another ad in the paper, it did bring me you after all." She seemed to consider it deeply. "But what should it say? 'Like dinner parties? Reading? Spending an entire day drinking wine while stroking your feline? Come to the lady at Pennyfeather's!' " She almost laughed to herself but couldn't resist. She'd almost do it just to see who'd answer.

158 Posts
5 Threads

Ellie smiled at Christine's suggestion. Placing an advert in the paper in search of friends.. odd indeed. A bicycle, yes. A maid, yes. But a whole group of friends? What sort of person would you get from the adverts? The broken dish fragments made an unpleasant scraping sound as she swept them into the pan.

"You should do it and see who answers, Miss"

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded and nearly bounced on her toes. It wasn't a good idea, but it was just crazy enough to work! "I shall do it later today while you are settling in, you will be alright by yourself?" She asked her. The girl was very sweet and she had a good feeling she could be trusted with the place for a short time while she went to the post.

158 Posts
5 Threads

"Yes, Miss." It would take Ellie some time to get her new room spick and span. If some of her new clothes arrived today, she wouldn't want to put them into a grim wardrobe. She wouldn't have much to waste being idle, maybe explore the shop a bit or stop for a cup of tea.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine gave a nod and went to grab another box. "Luckily after this are much lighter items. " She assumed the girl would have swept the path free up the stairs. "The room may not be perfect, but as long as the spots for the furniture are clear, we are good. Just make sure wherever you wish the dresser and the bed to be placed are quite clean. "Not that she kept her place spotless.