Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Just watching your things for you [Streets, Yards, and Homes]

191 Posts
9 Threads

Ugh, rain. And she was a long way from Tate Hill Pier or any church where she could take shelter. Ruth ran into the nearest narrow alley. The walls offered some shelter, but not a lot. There, in the back of the alley, stood some derelict old building, probably inhabited only by the poorest people and the homeless. Dangerous terrain, maybe, but Ruth was used to danger.

She peeked through one of the grimy windows in the back, and upon seeing that the room was abandoned but for some frayed bags and blankets, she lifted the window and climbed in. Hmm... had to be some homeless person's hideout. Well, if they weren't here, she might just make sure nobody stole their things. 

She crouched in front of the bag and opened it.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Pronouns: he him
Height: 6'

Francis had been enjoying his time at the comfortable church but he was out wandering as he did and decided to check his usual abode when the rain fell. He looked bad on a good day, but on a rainy day he'd be mistaken for a human sized drowned rat. As he slipped in he immediately noticed someone was in his space. While he'd normally consider if it was worth the risk, he saw it was a woman and that she was going through his stuff!

"What do ya think you're doing... Going into a poor man's space and digging through his treasure." It was all junk inside, random bits and things he'd collected while digging around town. Maybe some tossed out old clothing he'd been working on stitching or the like. He checked to the side to see his Hasta was still alive in the corner. That was good at least.

191 Posts
9 Threads

Ruth shot up and spun round. Oh. A man yes, and taller than her too. But he looked so skinny she was certain she could snap him in two like a matchstick if he dared to attack her. And so she shrugged. "Finders keepers."

Although... he might carry a knife. Her eyes shot to the door. Was it locked?
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis looked surprised and frowned sharply. "That doesn't count in.. in a building. You don't just go to a home and start nicking things. It's worthless anyway." He defended. And ignored his hypocrisy, as if he'd not stolen a thing or two in his life... or more.

"Who are you? Tell me, or leave right now." He had no weapon and nothing heavy he could see to defend himself and his home. Still, he was scrappy when necessary.

191 Posts
9 Threads

Ruth laughed cheerlessly at him calling this his home, but before she could argue with him, he continued to ask who she was or demanded she'd leave. He hadn't attacked her yet and that rain looked bad. She folded her arms. "Ruth Longbottom, and my family will come kick your ass if you as much as touch a hair on my head."
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis rose his brow and the corners of his lips turned up. "I'm a nobody in town who steals or depends on the church for my meals. And I think I have a better reputation than 'Longbottom'.." Of course they also fought a lot so he kept his distance while he eyed the room for a weapon.

191 Posts
9 Threads

Did the church offer meals now? Which church? She made a mental note to find that out. She shrugged. "Well, that rain looks like it will be goin for a while, so why don't ye make yerself comfortable," she offered.
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

He saw she wasn't going to do anything so he stopped the search and placed himself by his plant. "I should be saying that to you. You make yourself comfortable!" He said quickly.

191 Posts
9 Threads

Yes she knew. But she had said it first. A smug smile crossed her face. She moved to the other side of the room, inspected the floor, and sat down.

"What church?"
Beggar

479 Posts
5 Threads

Francis folded his arms as he leaned against the wall. "It's-" He immediately shut his mouth and frowned at this 'Ruth' . He stuck up his chin. He could imagine her begging them to give her food or shelter, but she didn't know his name. "Why should I? What'll you give me in return?"