Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] I Just Need Something For The Pain [Doctors, Constabulary, and Court]

704 Posts
11 Threads

Height: 6'1''

Tristan's pity grew quickly when he understood what the other man implied. He had been on edge since Wilde's trial, but at least he was a nobody and people didn't speak about him for that reason. That someone might accuse him of 'gross indecency' was his greatest fear. He could only imagine how Mr. Crane felt.

"Of course. And whatever you've said up to this point and whatever you may say after, Mr. Crane, will stay in this office. We doctors cannot share what we learn professionally," he tried to reassure the nervous man. "I'm certain a court would understand the necessity of force in your job, and if there is no evidence in support of the other accusation, I doubt you need to fear arrest. Our minds have a tendency to assume the worst will happen, but it barely ever does."

Although... things did seem to go in the worst possible way in this town more often than in other places. As if some divine powers tormented Whitby's people and watched for sport.

He shook his head lightly. Where had that thought come from?

"I could prescribe you something to calm your nerves if that will help you feel better, perhaps restore some sleep. But it will only treat the symptoms, not the cause, I am afraid."

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Just Need Something For The Pain - by Tristan Wells - 03-15-2022, 02:32 PM