Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] A Cloud on a Sunny Day [Market, Shops, and Spas]

32 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: He, him
Height: 5'8"

"What, and make you fall asleep? Never." He laughed softly. "Geometry, my friend, is the study of shapes and areas. There are a lot of formulas involved that use basic algebraic equations in order to calculate the size, or the angle, et cetera. For instance, I could measure the shape of your lips and tell you the circumference if I had the proper tools to do so... or tell you in numbers how delicate the shape of your eyes are."

He grinned, unable to help himself.

154 Posts
3 Threads

Pronouns: She/her
Height: 5'4"

Nettie knew some of the most basics of geometry, but he was speaking at a higher level than what she had learned or at least recalled. But then it became obvious he was flirting and her cheeks pinkened as she laughed and had to cover her mouth to stifle the noise. "You are quite a flatterer. I can not believe you'd use math for such an obscene thing." She said but the giant smile and sparkle of her eyes showed her happiness and that she was merely teasing him.

32 Posts
1 Thread

"And can you blame me for trying? I am enjoying your company greatly." He liked the warmth in her eyes as she teased him for flirting with her. But at least she was receptive to it, right? "I haven't had so much fun going to a library, and we've only been here for minutes." He chuckled. He then took her to the rather impressive fiction section.

154 Posts
3 Threads

The blond woman gave a curious look to him but was indeed rather charmed by his attempts at flirting. "Of course not, but I am shocked you are available to flirt. A man as kind and charming as you should have found a beautiful woman by now."

She glanced back to the books trying to calm the big smile on her face. "I am glad. Though you shouldn't tie that to me. I've done nothing but be your company. " She looked thrilled at the fiction section. "I will find this Dantes Inferno."

32 Posts
1 Thread

"I was away at school and didn't pay much attention until now," he said honestly. "Besides, I don't see anybody lovelier than you." He was on a roll. And then she was looking at the books and determined to find Dante's Inferno, which would be interesting if she did.

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie smiled up at him. She had never been flattered so much by someone she'd just met. And he seemed so sincere, it was working. Her eyes returned to look over at the books. "Well, if you enjoy my company. I wouldn't mind seeing you more, I have no friends yet and could use one. You are very handsome, charming, and intelligent. If it's always even half this pleasant being with you, I would enjoy going to the library or finding out other things you like." She then ah ha'd as she found the book and slightly glanced through it. It wasn't a particularly huge book and had some beautifully made illustrations. She tucked the book carefully under her arm and turned to him.

"So what book shall you find?"

32 Posts
1 Thread

"I don't know, I don't think there is a book here that I haven't at least looked at. Perhaps I am wrong." And then he grinned at her next words about being friends and he said, "It's already too late for that, I am afraid. I am beyond wanting friendship with you. We're already friends, perhaps I'd like to see more." And then his smile died as he said seriously, "I should like to see you quite a bit more, actually, if I am being honest. Your company is a welcome change to my family's."

And then he found a book... Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. "Ahhh, Frankenstein. This is a good novel."

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie looked disappointed. "Aw. I was hoping to get you to read my book. Oh well, I will just have to lend you my copy later." She said with a small smile.

Then he kept speaking and she brought up a hand to cover her face as she blushed brightly. "We've barely met. Maxim, but... I think I would like to see you more too. You're a wonderful man in the short time we've been together. I would like to know you better. Though I feel so nervous saying that " She didn't know why she was, but she gave a nervous quiet chuckle.

"Oh I have read that one. It is good. Perhaps we should read together some time." Among other things.

32 Posts
1 Thread

"I can read your book too," he said, raising his brows, "How about you bring your book to the Ennington estate? We can read it out loud in the parlor, it'd be lovely." And a good chance to spend time with her, it seemed to him. He smiled earnestly, flashing that almost perfect grin her way.

"I know we've barely met, but I already think of you as a friend." And he thought, he was going to woo the dickens out of her.

"We can read mine after we read yours, how about that?" he asked.

154 Posts
3 Threads

Nettie seemed in thought and nodded with a cheerful smile. "I would really like that. Just let me know when you wouldn't mind me coming to visit. I would really like that too."

Her hands clutched the book as she looked from the books back to his handsome face. "I think of you as a friend too. I'm so very lucky I ran into you today. Who knows who I might have met and where it might have led?" She couldn't have imagined anyone better than him now she was in his company and wanting to get to know him a lot better.

The opportunity to hang around him more was a pleasing idea so she was very quick to agree. "I would love that! I'd invite you to my home but it doesn't allow men.."