Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Sometimes Unemployment's Better [Market, Shops and Spas]

135 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'1"

Nisa appreciated how the new maid cleaned the bucket before handing it over. It was heavy but Nisa was stronger than she appeared.

"Ah wonderful." She then laughed lightly at the question. "Like I said. It will usually be just you and me. Of course, it is too much trouble to make two different foods. I eat what you eat and you eat what I eat. It only makes sense."

32 Posts
0 Threads

Briar nodded at that, though the lady's consideration still bewildered her. Water splashed across the bottom of the tub, swirling red.

"I suppose that does make sense, miss," she agreed. Miss Koç had mentioned a brother as well, busy with work, that Briar would not concern herself with yet. If he was anything like the mistress, she saw no use in overthinking it.

Letting the water continue to run, she stepped out to grab the aforementioned rags from the washroom and returned just as soon. She knelt by the tub and switched off the water, then took a rag and began wiping away what blood hadn't already went down the drain.

"Do you have any hobbies, miss?"

135 Posts
4 Threads

Nisa watched her new maid worked, but was not so rude as to stare. She let her eyes wander from the form of Briar at the tub to around the room, eyeing her own handy work.
"Indeed, when one must life frugally, it means we do not waste time or supplies on unnecessary things. So feel free to tell me things you like, and I will do my best since I am not picky in what I eat. And if I feel strongly enough on a food, we will have that." It seemed quite simple to her, and the easiest solution.

She listened to Briar walk out of the room, and moved out of the room to avoid getting blood on herself, but she didn't watch where she went. She did listen though, to see if perhaps she'd go to the kitchen or to the fireplace for a poker. Would she notice one at a strange angle? The other woman did not, she could in fact still see her from the corner of her eye as she went to the closet. A smile came to her face when the woman returned and actually spoke. Most would be terrified into silence. Like a lamb who thought they heard a wolf. The other maids would be quiet and hoped to be overlooked and forgotten, to be a phantom in the house who cleaned and never thought of. This one spoke to her of hobbies.

She let her eyes linger over the room, noticing the way the droplets clung to the wall. "Oh yes, I have a few hobbies. I like ... embroidery. And scrap booking." Oh if only her brother ever discovered her little book, would he turn her in? Doubtful. Her father had seen it and turned himself in. She didn't want her brother to do the same, she'd have to get married all over again.

32 Posts
0 Threads

Embroidery and scrapbooking? Briar wasn't sure if, considering the gore strewn about the room, those were meant to be euphemisms or straight-forward truths. She supposed rich ladies (or ladies that played themselves off as rich) did tend to have mundane hobbies... not that she could really judge her.

"What kinds of things do you scrapbook?" she inquired, sending a curious glance her way.

Briar twisted the rag, wringing out the bloody water. Still damp, she lifted it to start cleaning spatter from the walls.

135 Posts
4 Threads

Nisa eyed the woman who was cleaning at the question. She pulled up her skirt and stepped carefully in the room, managing to avoid the few streaks and puddles in the room to reach her and knelt down. She glanced at the wall she was cleaning before she spoke quietly, and all too close to her ear as a hand delicately rest on the woman's shoulder. "Let's just say.. I have just started a new page with a lock of lovely maiden hair. And I do hope I never make a new page featuring a lock of luxurious dark hair.. much like yours." She glanced at Briar studying her reaction as she smiled. "But, I have been considering taking up gardening. Do you have hobbies?"

32 Posts
0 Threads

Briar's head turned when the mistress approached. Her eyes darted to the hand on her shoulder.

Of all the things her mind probably should have latched onto, what she caught was: luxurious. Did she really think her hair was luxurious? No one had ever said anything like that about her, and it felt odd to hear.

"Thank you," came her genuine response, though it was a little unclear what she was referring to.

Looking back to the wall, Briar thought on the rest for a moment, continuing to scrub away blood.

"Gardening might be convenient," she said. "I don't have many hobbies myself, miss. I've always worked. If you would like for me to join you in any of yours, I can."

135 Posts
4 Threads

Nisa merely smiled at the look. And slowly she withdrew her hand but remained at her side to watch her clean. "Feel free to join me in any or all of them. It would be nice to have someone at my side. And you are right, while I do not know much about gardening, it would make things cheaper I think in the long run if I can grow some vegetables or herbs, flowers would be lovely too." She said softly as she seemed in thought.

"If you have any hobbies you'd be interested in, let me know. I do not mind helping you, maybe we can discover a new interest together." She then gathered her skirt to rise again and step away before she got blood on her. "Do you wish anything else to help you with cleaning the room?"

32 Posts
0 Threads

While she had extended the offer first, Briar hadn't expected for the mistress to give such an invitation. She was welcome in any or all of her hobbies, she said, and again the maid was unsure of how to take the casual kindness.

"Alright," Briar said after a quiet spell, "if you would not mind the company, I would like to join you."

There weren't many things she'd taken interest in on her own, but if Miss Koç found embroidery or scrapbooking interesting enough, there must have been something to them. Briar waited until the other woman had moved away before she wringed the blood from the cloth and wetted it again.

She continued washing at another section of the wall, and said, "no, this will do just fine, miss."

135 Posts
4 Threads

Nisa smiled as she watched Briar clean the gory mess. "Oh, I would not have offered if I'd have minded. Still, keep in mind my question as well. You may have been too busy but I am sure you've considered a pastime at some point in your life. If you haven't, then perhaps that can change."

She nodded and trusted that her maid had everything in hand. So Nisa left, only to return with a violin which she began to play softly to pass the time while the woman cleaned.

32 Posts
0 Threads

That was true enough, she supposed. Perhaps once she spent more time with the mistress and the lifestyle she led, she would find interests of her own to tell her.

Briar continued on, working diligently even when Miss Koç was not there to see it. She paused only temporarily when the lady returned, violin in tow, before pushing on with her given task. The walls were wiped clean, the sink was shined as best as the broken pieces could be, the floor was mopped once to loosen the dried blood and viscera and then again to really clean it off.

All went down the drain, wringed from her cloth and pressed from her mop. Briar finally began cleaning the tub again, wiping up what remained of the bloody mess.

"That is beautiful, miss," she offered after a while, once the task was nearly done. "You play very well. Where did you learn?"