Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] Learn a thing or two [Market, Shops, and Spas]

372 Posts
16 Threads

Pronouns: All (depends on the presentation)
Plotter: https://bywitandwhitby.rpginitiative.com...hp?tid=613
Height: 5'4''

Chéri took a small sipped and smiled with a vicious twinkle in his eyes, then looked away, taking a long, deep breath. “Don’t be.” He concluded, faking a grand show of nostalgia and then turning to the other side, as if savouring some old memories. Then laughed so hard he almost fell of the chair, saving the wine barely.

Chéri scratched his head “English is more important” otherwise he would have trouble understanding when his customers asked him to… oh, but she wasn’t going to teach him that. But he should at least learn how to say things like please follow me to the right and stop, you crusty toenail. He wondered if he could make a list of important things to learn.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'4"

Christine nodded and smiled as she looked relaxed and slowly pet her cat as she sipped her wine. Then he mentioned the need for language. "Ah!" She nearly slammed down her wine, startling Archimedes , but the cat seemed used to such outbursts. "Of course!"

She hopped to her feet and disappeared down a row. "I searched for this, in case you came by!" She shouted from wherever she had gone. In no time, he heard her footsteps rushing back. She came to him from around a corner with a book in hand. "It isn't much but it will help you begin." She handed over her book that had french to english. "This should help you a little. But I will help you as well. Like how to say 'Hello, I do not speak english. Please pity my pretty face'." She said then translated her last words with a grin.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri almost jumped in seeing the woman rendered so energetic by the sacred fire of knowledge. He stared at her almost feeling threatened and then followed her with his eyes.

“…You thought I wouldn’t?” He believed he had given the distinct impression he would. He probably was’t careful enough when it came to giving the right impression to someone who wasn’t paying his bills, but making that conclusion was too much to ask of him just right now. She handed over the book. Chéri stared at the unknown symbols on it, then stared back at her. He didn’t know what to do with it. Chéri laughed instead of repeating. “Why pity? Cherish! That’s much better.!”

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine shook her head and tsked him. "We had just met and people, especially men, can be..." she seemed to search for the correct word. "Flakey. For all I knew, you had forgotten me the moment I left your gaze."

She smiled and clasped her hands together. "No, pity is a better word. It ignites the feelings that you could use assistance and for those you like your face, they will help you because you need it." She saw his cluelessness and sat on the arm of his chair and gestured to the book. "Anyone can help you learn to read, and when they or I do, you will find this book more useful. Like here.." she turned the book to the word Chéri. "See? Your name means Darling."

372 Posts
16 Threads

Had they bee closer, maybe Chéri would have pointed out that he was not a man. Very few people had come close enough and Christine obviously couldn’t see that for herself, but still, that is what he thought. “Then you didn’t look at me long enough.” Chéri pointed out, considering himself very transparent in that particular situation.

Chéri shrugged “They help me because they hope to get something in return. Sometimes, it is just feeling like a good person. Sometimes is to see me look happy. I can look very sad if I want. Very sad.” He promised, laughing a little bit. Chéri drew a long, hopeless breath when it came to reading. Chéri nodded “I know. That’s why I am called that. I’m a precious one” he repeated the marketing claim like it had nothing to do with him.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine nodded and waved a hand. "But you are here now so I will look at you plenty !" She exclaimed cheerfully, enough one could wonder if this was her first wine for the day.

She shrugged. "Is there any other reason to help someone? Either some form of repayment from money or in our position with a god, or just so we feel better about ourselves or to wipe away some guilt? There is always a reason to help. " The woman said and she gestured towards the letters. "I will help you learn to read, do not worry. And you are!" She hugged him slightly and rest her cheek against his. "Just look at you. So pretty and you act so sweet. I want to place you on a shelf and admire you!"

372 Posts
16 Threads

Chéri agreed with enthusiasm and sipped another little bit of wine, before rearranging his new, boring suit. He was sad not to have his flamboyant clothes on. It felt like a step back. It felt like he had started to lose a self he had worked pretty hard on getting back.

Chéri breathed deeply “Yes, that is correct. Although in my experience people have a specific thing they expect from me.” Had Chéri not been a sex worker, most people wouldn’t have known the difference. Something in him just screamed what his destiny was always meant to be.
Chéri shrank a little in his shoulders at the mention of learning how to read, but he didn’t say that openly. And then she hugged him. Chéri was very much used to be touched, but didn’t expect it from Christine. He laughed out loud. “Like a doll,” he whispered, so low it was a little creepy. “You are funny.” It sounded like the best of the compliments.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine could tell something bothered him but she wasn't good at reading people. So she carried on merrily.

"People are like that. Hopefully whatever they want, you're happy to give them. All people deserve their dignities, right?" She looked to him as his words turned to give an off vibe and immediately waved it off.

"Yes, like a doll. A pity I couldn't keep you all to myself. But this beautiful bird deserves to fly and see the world, right? Now.. when you want to say hello to someone you say 'helloo' and if you need something you can say 'help!'." She said as she translated a few things in English and pointed them out in the book. "If you prefer, I think I have a couple of children's books in French. I'll use those to help you read. Especially ones about witches. " She grinned and watched his face.

372 Posts
16 Threads

Christine ignored what Chéri was showing and that was fine by Chéri. In fact, it felt more normal than the contrary.

Chéri shrugged simply. He did not seem to have a significant opinion to share at this point.

Chéri laughed a little bit and bent the head to the side, trying to figure out if she meant for real. Chéri couldn’t know Christine’s preferences, and he had already had ladies who were interested. More often than not it was men who could pay for his company and actively sought it, but it wasn’t unheard of for ladies to buy some of his time. However, Christine hadn’t behave like any of them, with the exception of touching him. But then again, they were alone in her store, had she wanted more she could already have made a move. Chéri repeated “Help.” Didn’t sound very helpless, just thoughtful. Chéri smile broadly and added “I think I just want to hear the story, really. Isn’t that going to distract me from the reading?” He asked, tilting his head to the side. He finished his wine and scratched the side of his head.

253 Posts
4 Threads

Christine looked quite cheerful and nodded. "Oh yes, of course. I will be right back. If you wish more wine, feel free to pour yourself more."

She slipped away and disappeared into the rows. Archimedes flicked his tail watching Cheri. It took a few moments before she returned holding a book. "Would you like me to keep sitting on the arm or do you mind me getting closer?" The chair was definitely large enough they could be side by side but quite pressed together.