Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] [CW] Sometimes Unemployment's Better [Market, Shops and Spas]

135 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'1"

Nisa looked confused at Briar's expression. She wondered what she could say as she relished the taste of her tea, but didn't sip again until the other woman found the strength to speak. When she did, Nisa tried to seem unchanged but she had greatly relaxed.

With a calm second lift of her tea cup, she stared up at the other, "technically speaking, neither of us should like a woman of any status. Not the way I find myself feeling when I look at you."

She drank a little before placing down the cup. She reached out like before to take Briar's hands. "We've just met, so I understand you could not realize how unlike me this is. You're an interesting woman that i believe I shall enjoy spending my time with. And I've already spoken on you're beauty, I could look upon you all day."

She seemed to ponder for a moment before speaking again. "If things did somehow turn, it would be my burden to bear. I am genuine when I say as long as you had been loyal to me and I to you that I could not foresee what could turn my heart. Then again, I've never had my heart sway so suddenly before as it has done now to you."

She felt better to hear that she hadn't been outright rejected. She hadn't liked someone in so long, she felt ashamed she let it bother her so, even now... " But don't answer right now, think on it. If uncertainty still linger, then it is better you do not rush into something. Id hate for you to regret me. And we are here together professionally if nothing else."

32 Posts
0 Threads

Technically speaking, Briar was aware of that. But wasn't it such an odd distinction?

She felt nothing for the men she was supposed to feel for. Nothing for the one that had given her a child and a promise to marry her; nothing for what little she'd known of the child either. It didn't make sense to her, and yet that was what she was supposed to want from life?

Her thoughts regarding that statement failed to do much more than deepen her frown. But then the mistress took her hands, and Briar forced the expression to fade.

"Of course, miss," she nodded, and for once her relief was clear on her face. So long as Nisa did not think she was rejecting her because she was not attracted to her, or because she had no interest otherwise... Briar gave a small smile then, glad to have an employer as understanding as her.

Instructed to think on the matter, Briar nodded again and promised, "I will. Thank you for your understanding. I... I just did not want for you to think that I did not feel the same towards you."

She was not blatant about it, that much was obvious -- but she was reserved in all things.

"Do you want me to make anything with the tea, miss?"

135 Posts
4 Threads

Pronouns: She Her
Height: 5'1"

Nisa noticed the frown and then it was gone when she took her hands. She took note of how rough they were compared to her own and held them together for a moment, and gave them a gentle squeeze.

"And.." she said. Wanting things to be clear between them as she was quite aware of the situation as her employer. "Even if you do agree, it isn't a closed door. You are free to change your mind. Just do not toy with me. I respect you and want the same in return."

She slowly released her hands but did not withdraw, enjoying the warm contact as long as Briar allowed it, even at the risk of their tea growing cold. "If you wish to, I would not mind. Though it isn't required. Is there something you enjoy to eat or make? Or something you've always wanted to try?"