Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] By the River Side [The British Isles]
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"We're not terrified!" They kind of were. "Our father's only tryin' to protect us from harm!"

497 Posts
8 Threads

Pronouns: He Him
Height: 5'10"

"You are also a liar, and a terrible one. I am not an idiot. You were so afraid of upsetting your father even slightly. I did not see cheerful faces or kids who even considered the idea of crossing their father. His word is law and the idea of breaking it makes your hair stand on end." Benny glared at her. "Am I wrong?"
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose glared. "Only because we don't want to upset him. And we know he wants what's best for us." She wanted to add that he knew nothing about parents anyway, but she remembered how she had regretted such a remark before, and so she held her tongue.

497 Posts
8 Threads

"That would explain your obedience, but not the stifling silence and fear. You do not wish to do anything without his permission. Like he would strike you for stepping out of line even by accident. Perhaps that is why you are so quick to violence yourself." Benny mused with a grumble.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

[Content warning: Reference to domestic violence/child abuse]

Rose turned red. "Am not! Who gave you the right to pry into our family life anyway!?" Father had not hit her for years anyway. Admittedly, Rose was obedient. But she remembered Simon's endless rulebreaking. Father was harder on the boys anyway.

497 Posts
8 Threads

"I did not demand you tell me anything. I simply asked and offered a way out if someone needed it. I was a fool to bother though. I guess some people like their lives even if they aren't happy." Benny shook his head.
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

"We are happy!" she said. They were not. "We are thankful for what we have!"

497 Posts
8 Threads

"When did you laugh last?" He rose his brow. "It's ok to be afraid of the unknown."
Posting Freak

926 Posts
22 Threads

Rose cast her eyes down. "We joke now and then." But they weren't a laughing family. There wasn't an awful lot to laugh about.

497 Posts
8 Threads

Benny was certainly not convinced. "Joking isn't true laughing or happiness. It isn't your fault or your family's. Life is hard. But it shouldn't mean you or your siblings can't at least consider to look outside."