Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] New to Town and I've Got Things To Do [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]

6 Posts
1 Thread

Pronouns: She/Her
Height: 5'6"

The woman looked at Malachi as if he had stated the sky was blue. "Yes. She was. Not because she wanted to be but because she had to be. The world does not offer generosity to those who need it most, so it is up to those of us with means to see it be done ourselves. That is what my mother believed and that is what I believe. That is not to say it should be blind and allow a charitable hand to be robbed by someone who does not appreciate the gift they have been given. That is why our rules are the way they are." She looked towards Nettie to see if she would like to continue.

It was a lovely place and Nettie was sure she would make some friends there. The rules were strict but didn't seem like they would be a problem for her at all. After hearing her uncle voice that he seemed to approve of it, Nettie gave an emphatic nod.

"Excellent. I will show you the living quarters. This first floor is the individual and shared rooms. We have two washrooms at the end for the girls so schedules are important to agree on for washing as it can get hectic with so many people. These rooms on the left are all single rooms. "She walked along and occasionally would knock on a door before opening to reveal a woman doing some daily part of their lives. The rooms were small with a simple bed, dresser, and a little vanity table. "I try to let the ladies here have as much of a decent life as possible. Especially these who are paying to stay here. This would be your room." She opened the door to the third on that side of the hallway. It was nearly indistinguishable from the others save it was not being lived in at the moment.

"The opposite side is what we call our sister rooms. They usually have two beds and are for when two women come here, usually related as sisters or a mother and daughter, sometimes best friends. "

She gestured for them to follow to the upstairs which only had a double door. Inside was a large room with bunk beds along the wall and a small room at the end. It had enough beds for twelve women. There were a few tables and chairs at the end and chests at the end of each bunk bed. "This is what I like to call the hospitable room. Most of these ladies pay nothing or very little. But they have a bed, a storage space, running water, shelter, and food. Enough to live and feel safe. " It was indeed half full with women socializing or some were putting on shoes or taking them off to show they were coming and going.

"I am open to questions."

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Town and I've Got Things To Do - by Helen Clarke - 03-01-2022, 08:37 AM