Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] New to Town and I've Got Things To Do [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

Well. That was a pleasant way to start.

Malachi retained his smile and did his best to look unbothered. The woman -- Miss Clarke, Crane had called her -- was far from the first to mention the obvious, and he was doubtful that she'd be the last. He did not try to explain it to her, either, as it was truly none of her business, and if she was reluctant to believe a priest's first word, then there was no reason for her to believe that the rest were any different.

It didn't matter. If this boarding house was suitable, and Nettie liked it enough to stay, that was all that mattered.

After Nettie and Crane went inside, Malachi followed, keeping his hands and his thoughts to himself. His gaze was curious as it swept the various rooms, but he found nothing concerning thus far. Miss Clarke seemed to be a reasonable sort, if a bit firm, and Malachi could appreciate her mother's efforts to establish the sanctuary. He did not interrupt, figuring that Nettie probably wanted to hear all that she could before she made her decision, but he did nod once the woman had finished.

"Your mother must have been a very gracious woman," he commented, before he looked again to Miss Clarke.

"It's wonderful that you've taken over her work. If Nettie is fine to continue, I'd love to see the rest of it."

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Town and I've Got Things To Do - by Malachi Brennan - 02-28-2022, 05:56 PM