Home Rules Plot Member List View Today's Posts
Hello, guest!
or Register?

[Complete] New to Town and I've Got Things To Do [Churches, Abbey, and Schools]
False Idol

895 Posts
20 Threads

She spoke the truth, of course. It would have been easier to adjust to life in Whitby with her around, but he hadn't known as much when he'd arrived. He'd spent time in places far more obviously dangerous than this, though, and had long ago started worrying about her safety during her visits. One could never be too careful in a new town -- especially when one was a young woman. He did not need the years he'd spent hearing confessions to know that.

Malachi dipped his head in silent thanks when the door was opened for him. The air outside was warm and smelled faintly of the sea, along with the earthier scent of soil freshly rained on. It was clear, save for a few fluffy clouds now and then, and a gentle breeze kept him from getting too hot in his dark clothes.

Catching sight of Nettie's smile, Malachi gave a curious hum, indicative of his own amusement.

"For as long as they'll have me. I like it here," he admitted, to himself as much as to her.

"Time will tell if Whitby likes me as much. For now, though, I plan to stay. And I'll be glad to have you here."

Even if he would worry for the next while until she settled in. It was another of his duties, though, was it not? He had always found his brother rather incapable of such concerns, and someone had to make sure she was safe.

Malachi started down one of the paths away from the church, walking leisurely.

"I've been... well," he added, sounding somewhat uncertain. With a glance to her bag, he asked, "is that heavy? I can take it for you."

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Town and I've Got Things To Do - by Malachi Brennan - 02-23-2022, 05:17 PM